8.30.2007

Knocked Up

I love it. It's true. I'm knocked up. Finally. I can't really even begin to describe what I'm feeling. I've waiting so long for this to happen! I have a permanent smile on my face. It's just unbelievable. Now- Let me go ahead and give the disclaimer- I know anything can happen. I know. But I have faith that God won't put me through anything that I can't handle- that He'll give me the strength to get through it. With that being said....EEEEEEP! I'M PREGNANT!!!! My goal- to update weekly to share my pregnancy thoughts...so that one day I can reread them and laugh- or cry- and reminisce.

How did I find out? Well...You know...it's been almost 3 years since I started trying. It's been a bit of an obsession really- taking pregancy tests every month....This summer has been hectic though...and I've pretty much known that nothing is going to happen. To top it off, Derrick's uncle is living w/ us for a short while...until he rents a house and moves his family down from OH. So...yeah...when I took the first pregnancy test, it was more of a "hmm-haven'tdonethisinawhile" type thing. Now, I'm used to seeing the stick turn flaming white with the single pink line. This time was different. The line gradually turned pink....and there was a lil sumpin next to it.... What's that?! (I was playing hooky that day)- I dragged Derrick in the bathroom...um...well, that's 2 lines.... What does that mean? I think it means you're pregnant Yeah...I don't think so. ....Derrick was so cute...He took a test himself....so we could compare his to mine....of course, his looked like mine normally do....so I took another one. This line was much much fainter...but there was def. 2 lines there. I took a digital test the next morning....and it read pregnant. I cried....I couldn't help it. I just couldn't believe it! My mom was in Cali....so I called her first. She didn't answer, but called me back an hour later. She was so cute- so happy- she cried. My mom's sooo not a crier! :)

The whole thing is crazy. My best friend Jaime just delivered a preterm baby at 18 weeks. I found out the afternoon she gave birth. It's ironic. I had so much guilt. I had so many emotions. I recently told her about my pregnancy. I want to say that I know what she's going through. I know she must be happy for me....and yet sad for herself. That's how I used to feel whenever people around me would get pregnant. I hope that it's not hard for her to be around me. I hope.

So do I feel pregnant? Er. I dunno. My boobs are kinda tender. But not too bad. I'm not sick at all. My pelvic area sometime is achy- not in a crampy way....kinda gassy, I guess. The only real preggo symptom I have is that I'm SO SO SO tired! SO tired! I could pass out at 4:30 if I let myself. I bought the book What to Expect When You're Expecting yesterday and started reading. I know that my friends have it...and have been passing it around....but I wanted my own! I really can't wait until I throw up for the first time...I know....you'll remind me of that as I'm puking my guts out! :) There's a lot of other things that I've been over analyzing....like....does that smell really make me nauseous? Or is it mental?

I got my first baby presents....a onsie that says "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandmas" from Derrick's mom...and a book....and Tori gave me a book and some random baby things. It's so fun!

I'm not sure how far along I am....maybe 3-5 weeks? I have my first Drs. appt on Sept 18th...I'll get an ultra sound to see exactly how far along I am. I'm really excited for that...I want to see the heart beat...I hope I can! Well....here's week one.

0 comments: