8.08.2013

...Stacy...

Well... the last of Kim and Mom's Summer Adventures was one to remember...We left for California on Thursday and arrived in the early evening.  We first went to our "fabulous" hotel...and had a good chuckle.  I mean... it WAS better than dorming, I guess!  After a delicious Korean dinner... and a "good" night's sleep... we got ready for an overthetopfantastic continental breakfast.  ::insert-ghetto::  It was pretty outrageous... and my mom was SO close to having a new best friend!  We ate our meal in my car ::youheardright::  and then headed to the school to get our primo seats.

Well...our seats weren't too far away... but we were all (graduates and audience) on a level field... which means that we saw... practically nothing.  And to top it off... it slowly got hotter...and hotter...and hotter.. and... yes.  Black dress+dark hair+blazing sun+2 hour ceremony= hottsweatymess!  So... about an hour in, Sarah and I ditched out ::sorryStace:: and found the nearest air conditioned room!  :D  It was a good hour of bonding with Sarah and I... we've gotten to do more of that this summer than the last 4 years combined!

After the ceremony- we had a fancypants lunch at CalTech... did a pitstop at the bookstore... and then headed to our new hotel.  Yes... we had to change hotels- one about 20mins away, but so.much.nicer!  :D  The twins and my mom/aunt were off doing something or other together in the other room... so I got a nice long break to myself!  (Every stayathome mom's dream, yes?)  We had dinner in Pasadena (at another Korean restaurant, of course!)...and then headed for our final night.

After sleeping in a little... my mom and I ate our continental breakfast... said goodbye to my uncle/aunt and cousins... and then trekked it to Hollywood!  Right?!  We looked at the sights a little... but then went on the TMZ Tour.  Buahahhaaha!  It's true.  We did.  I'm pretty sure that I had a million times more fun than my mom... but it really was a fun bonding time for the two of us!  I had my eyes OPEN for some celebrity sightings- but didn't see any... but we DID find out on the TMZ Tour that Kimye had their baby (about 2hrs before everyone else knew)...and we the hospital that she delivered at was one of the stops on the tour...  too bad I can't stand them!  lol.  It was still fun.

After the tour- we ate at California Pizza Kitchen... where my mom proceeded to order WAY too much food and try to force me to help her finish her meal!  O___o  And then we made it home...

I will always treasure this summer and the amount of time my mom and I got to spend together.  It had been 10 years since her and I have gone anywhere together... and we have both changed so much in those years... but at the end of the day- she is still my mommy and there are some bonds that only grow stronger over time.  I will never forget... the Vagabond Inn... staying up way too late... watching wedding shows on TLC... being the navigator... our spontaneous last day... and a sea of Asians.

I love you, momma.

...the day started out so nice...
...this was one of the only ::blurry:: pix I got of Stace...
...someone turned the sun on- it was blazin' hot!...
...Stacy receiving her diploma...
...finding my uncle/cousins in the crowd!...
...paparazzi- I look forward to seeing what he was capturing on video!...
...Why???  What are you looking at Samchun?!...

0 comments: