5.20.2008

Many Thanks...

One thing I wasn't prepared for postpartum has been my emotionalness...There were only a few occasions during pregnancy that I had a hormotional moment...but now, I can cry at the drop of a hat! Usually I cry for no real reason- other than perhaps a slight lack of sleep and/or worrying about not knowing what I'm doing!!!....but recently I had something to cry about. Tomorrow is the last day that Derrick has "off" of paternity leave. He's finally going to get to go back to work- get back into the grind- something I'm sure he's excited about. Back to my crying...the other day, Derrick was on the phone w/ one of his volunteers. She had been contacting people regarding upcoming auditions. I was overwhelmed. Oooh. I'm overwhelmed NOW! I was overwhelmed with gratitude...because w/o the help of Derrick's volunteers, he probably wouldn't have been able to take the time off that he did- or he mentally wouldn't have been there for me- like I needed! So. My blog is to thank all those people who made it possible for Derrick and I to discover parenthood together. You have NO idea how much I appreciate you.

I also wanted to thank all those people who brought dinner to us (feel free to keep them coming!!! ;) ) We have had some yuuuuummy food lately!


Shout Outs:
Lindsay, Pete, Amy Blunt, the Walthos, Sean, the Hodges, Terrie, Jeanie, Mom and Mom, Tori, the Palmers, the Grays, the Waltons, Deb Stone, the Conners, the Hoskins, the Morenos, Jaime...and I'm sure there are more! Thank you so much for all that you've done...and all that you do.

2 comments:

Michael Gray said...

Good to see you blogging again Kim. Heidi and I look forward to seeing more photos of the little guy up in here.

Julie said...

Just yesterday I asked Derrick if you had any emotional moments and he was telling me about the call. I gave him my favorite "emotional breakdown" story so you'll have to ask him about it. Don't worry, it smooths out :-)