9.13.2011

...homework...

Jude is just LOVING school.  It's so cute to hear him excited to "talk my fwends!!!" and see "Meh Leech!"... and while it's REALLY hectic for our family during the middle of the week to get him to and from school (loading the girls up and whatnot)...I love that he's learning and have to admit that he's learning things that he REFUSED to learn from me!  It's nice picking him up and knowing he missed me and his sisters... and it's wonderful to hear "Mommy!!!!" and see his bright smiling face as he runs to give me a hug.

...but...

Oh.My.Word.  Homework.  Really?!  Haha!  We were given an assignment recently that almost had me rocking in the fetal position!  Okay- not really... but it has been a HOT minute since I've had homework... and anyone who knew me "back when" knows that I'm quite...particular...about my work... I even read and reread the directions... to make sure it was a project that Mom/Dad had to do vs. Jude... Nono...the directions are very clear that it's a project for the parent to complete.  So... I rolled up my sleeves... busted out with some scrapbook gear... and got straight to work.  Lies.  Actually... I let that project hang on the fridge for about a week before even considering it.  Well... I did consider it, but had NO idea where to start.  The project?  Decorate a cut out person to represent your child.  Where.to.even.begin?!

It wasn't until one of my friends, whose son is in Jude's class, posted a picture of HER project on FB.  Buahaha... I didn't cheat... didn't copy... but it gave me a starting point- and motivation to finish the stupid thing! 

The end result?

Jude's "About Me" Project






















Mickey ears for our love of Disney... Skull shirt b/c he's a pirate captain... Guitar b/c he tooootally ROCKS (and it's a Taylor like his Daddy's)... Book b/c he loves reading... Crazy Cool felt hair... HUGE squiggly eyes... Mouth that was drawn on b/c I couldn't take it anymore... and Pants.  I refused to make shoes or a nose.  Re.fused.















I forgot to mention that his "book" contains 5 pages of "Facts about Jude".  Yes.  It does.  You would not believe my disappointment that his teacher has YET to compliment me on my hard work... and I'm preeeeettty sure she isn't going to give me a grade on it... bummer... but at least Jude's project ROCKS!  ...poor thing...Although I will probably help him (and his sisters) often on their homework/projects... I refuse to do them- unless specifically told to!!!  ...but I will have pretty HIGH expectations on the quality of their work!  Oh well, eh?

1 comments:

Violet Conner said...

i love it kim, you did a great job! You know i am going to be calling you for advice when Riley has this project! so cute.