6.15.2009

...BabyLogan2.0...

Well. I'm pregnant. Wow. I still don't fully believe it...but it's true! Derrick, Jude, and I went to the Dr.'s today and got to see the lil heartbeat. So. It's official. I'm pregnant. Now...I've got to say...I have a gamut of emotions about it.... most revolving around shock and guilt- shock b/c we weren't trying and it had taken us so long to conceive Jude- and guilt that I'm not happier. Not that I'm not happy- I totally am...but there is a teeny part of me that is sad that my time being JUDE'S mommy (as opposed to Jude and BabyL2.0's mommy) is coming to an end! I digress.

So far...this pregnancy has been pretty different from Jude's. W/ Jude, I was kinda "blah" in the mornings, but I'd be fine by the time I started work...I was tired ALL the time...I would randomly feel like throwing up, then do it and feel great. This time around- I feel "blah" all the time- all day and all night- everyday. Yuck. And...I've thrown up probably more times already than I did the entire time w/ Jude. Ew. I think part of it feels worse too b/c I have a baby to watch...I can't just mope around and feel yucky- I have to roll around and play w/ my lil man! Haha. But...I know it'll only be for a little while...I'm super excited to get big and fat and feel the baby moving. I'm also excited to see Jude be a big brother! :D

Let's see... I'm almost 9 weeks. My due date is January 20th. The babies will be about 20/21months apart. We're NOT finding out again- b/c it was SO SO SO fun not knowing w/ Jude. Um. I guess that's it???? :D Life is about to get alot more...fun? hectic? blessed? Yup. All of those! :D

8 comments:

The Orona Family said...

So excited for you guys. Believe it or not, there will come a day when you can't even remember what life was like before #2 and you will fall more in love with Jude as you watch him interact with his little brother or sister. In the meantime...stop feeling guilty! You know who to call if you need to vent...

Kathleen said...

How absolutely, incredibly cool is that?!!! Congratulations. I'm so excited for you, and eager to witness the growing of the Logan clan.

Besides, you're such devoted parents (probably because you're such devoted sweethearts). Children suit you well.

Be blessed,
Kathleen Flanagan

beBOLDjen said...

It's such awesome news Kim! I'm so happy for you.

Our girls are 16 and 23 mos apart. When I found out I was pregnant when our oldest was 9 months old I FRAAAAA- HA- EEEKED out and went on all kinds of fear/guilt emotional roller coaster rides. My only advice is to spare yourself the anxiety. You'll see Jude and Baby Logan's interactions will bring new new joys you haven't experienced in parenting a single child and find that you really CAN do this!!!

Stacey said...

Such exciting news! Don't feel bad at all... you are going to love being a Mommy of two :o)

D.Lake said...

Congratulations to you and Derrick (and Jude too!)

Anonymous said...

wow! what a huge blessing!! congrats to the logans!!

The Breaux Family said...

YEAH! Baby Logan 2.0! Want me to ask Eddie what you are having again :) Just kidding! My sis and I are 11 months apart and it was great growing up together :)

Miss Heather said...

Congratulations Kim!