6.24.2009

...i'm what?...

Sigh. This pregnancy is killing me! HAHA...not really- but I've been SO MUCH MORE sick than I was w/ Jude. I pretty much can call it- within 30mins of throwing up. It's so gross. As a matter of fact...I'm calling it right now! LOL. Ew.

Anywho. I thought I'd share the hilarious story of how we found out. It was a Wednesday night...we were at my cousins house after their graduation...and we were eating- (Wong's b/c that's what we ALWAYS eat when I'm w/ my family)... My aunt- who I guess in Korean culture considers herself also Jude's grandma- was doting over Jude and asks... "So...any plan nudda baby?" I give the "oh boy" giggle and say..."No...I dunno if we'll have another baby.." Well. After getting home and putting Jude down to bed... I say to Derrick...."I don't feel pregnant...but...I think I might be late." (Sidenote...and there will be a couple- me being "late" doesn't mean anything b/c I have a wack cycle...TMI?) Then I proceeded to say..."You know...I just...don't know that I want more kids. I mean....I LOVED being pregnant and giving birth...but I just love Jude so so so much...I don't want to share myself w/ anyone else! And....I don't know if I can handle the newbornlackofsleep thing!" (Sidenote- now...it DID take us a long time to conceive Jude...so on one hand- I'm cool w/ having however many kids God blesses us w/.... on the other- I really do love Jude so so so much and dunno if I can handle the newbornlackofsleep thing!!!) Derrick and I have always been on the same page...and he agreed...he wasn't sure how he felt about more kids.

Wow. So...I wake up early Thursday morning. Derrick and I were both sick (from TN) and Derrick had actually went to sleep on the couch (for the first time in our marriage) b/c he couldn't breathe or something (whatever- I was glad b/c he was snoring SO SO SO loud!!!!)... I think to myself...well...I have one pregnancy test left over...might as well take it! Random. Out of the blue. I take it...thinking NOTHING of it. PREGNANT. ?! Huh? PREGNANT. Wait...wait wait....let me get my glasses on. PREGNANT. Laugh. Out. Loud. So...I go to the couch and shake Derrick awake.... "Derrick.....Derrick.....Derrick.....Derrick...I NEED you to get up....... Derrick.....WAKE UP.....Derrick...." He rolls over....and I hold the stick up to his face. Derrick....being the genius that we all love...says..."I can't read it..." LOL! "Derrick...why would I show you a stick that says NOT pregnant?!" "You're pregnant!!?!?!?" "Apparently so!!!" ::tears::

So. After sitting there for what seemed to be an hour....shocked....elated....sad (read my previous pregnancy blog)...shocked...overjoyed...shocked... we finally peeled ourselves off the couch to rejoice! What a miracle and a blessing. God is so good.... now...if He'd just have some mercy on me and help me to stop feeling nauseous and vomiting!!! :D

Derrick has been THE BEST husband ever through this pregnancy...basically everything makes me gag...ESPECIALLY Jude's diapers...wet or dirty! Derrick has changed probably 95% of all diapers in the past month- even coming home for lunch to do a midafternoon shiner change! He's made numerous "runs" for me (Sonic...BaskinRobbins...McD's...etc)...and has picked up the house every single day. Just the other night...he said- "Usually you can tell when you're sick...but you're just like 'Whatever' and act normal....but...I can tell you're really sick b/c...the house looks EXACTLY the same when I come home as it does when I leave in the mornings- You haven't done ANYTHING!" LOL! And it's true...I pretty much have JUUUUUUST enough energy to take care of/play w/ Jude...eat...and vomit. LOL. I try to pick up things here and there or empty the dishwasher or do the laundry or whatever...but napping just sounds SO MUCH BETTER! Heehee! Derrick's been great! :D I love that man!

1 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

WOW Kim! You really must be sick if your house is super clean! Ohh I am sorry you feel badly my friend :( Eddie did tell me what he thought you were having by the way, but I will keep it to myself! love you!