11.30.2009

...christmas time is heeeeerrrrre!...

Wow. I am all KINDS of excited for Christmas this year...I dunno what it is...maybe having a Jude in my life? Hmmm. Derrick and I both were itching to bust out with Christmas decorations and such on November 1st. Now. No disrespect to the Turkey, but...we were just TOOOOO anxious! But...we resisted...until November 13th! That was the day that marked Disneyland's 1st day of Christmas stuff...you know...everything decorated, new parade, new fireworks etc. So...I started cleaning up all the fall stuff and got out the 15 boxes and bags of Christmas stuff and began working. Now. Usually...Derrick does the outside lights while I fluff the tree and put up the garland around the house...then we decorate the tree together while blasting some Bing. Um. But...this year...I wasn't sure how everything was going to pan out w/ Jude being "mobile"- unlike last year when he was only rolling! Hmmm. So. Basically...I put up the Nativity on the niche above the tv...and...that was it! So. We set a goal to get the tree up on the 20th. But...that didn't happen- although I did manage to put out more garland and stuff. Jude did a good job with not touching anything...not that there was much out to touch. ...Well...long story short. We typically decorate the day before Thanksgiving- since our Thanksgiving is filled w/ going to my parents house across the street AND to DLo's family's house across the valley!...this year...we got the tree "up" the day before Thanksgiving. "Up" meaning...it was put together, albeit crooked and unfluffed... Anywho. Everything is finally up and out and the house is looking wonderful! Jude...my lil J-man...is just an angel! He literally hasn't touched the tree at all- well, except when he pointed to his little ornament he made in the nursery last year w/ his picture on it or today when he pointed to the marshmallow man that is playing the guitar, and it fell off!! It is just so stinkin' adorable to see him bend down to get a better look at the ornaments...or point to the holly/ivy decorated guitar ornament (Jude is OBSESSED w/ guitars) that my mom bought DLo several years ago (that he TOTALLY thought was lame until like last year). It is precious to hear him say "woooooooooow" whenever we turn the lights on...and I just love love LOVE snuggling w/ him and Derrick on the couch just watching the lights twinkle.

Best. Christmas. Ever...so far! :)

1 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

We are going to Tokyo Dineyland and Tokyo Disney Sea Parks for Christmas.....so we didn't put the decorations up this year......and believe it or not..I am a bit saddened not to have my tree up....you know it took MONTHS to get here and A LOT of money!