11.25.2009

...new moon...

I know. It's been forever long ago since I blogged...and the first blog you get is going to be a Twi-blog. Whatever- you'll get over it! I have like 4 blogs that are floating in my head...so be patient- you'll get em! (If there are even any readers left out there!!!) Anywho. Real quick "Kim update" before I blog about my Midnight Madness New Moon experience... Um. So. Today I am 32 weeks pregnant. OMG! Where did these 32 weeks go? I swear...the weeks of vomiting and feeling like crapola seemed to drag on and on and on...and then poof- we're nearing the end!!! I must say about lovebucket #2...and he or she is quite a different character than Jude was in utero! He or she is much much more active. With JW, I would feel alot of TaeBo-esque punching...but usually only a few times a day....while this little love does flips all over the place! My belly is constantly doing the wave. It's pretty fun...and terribly uncomfortable. I told Derrick the other day, as he was watching my belly move, that I liken it to getting the meat out of an avocado...you know, when you cut it in half and then use your fork to separate the skin from the meaty part? That's what it feels like to me...like the baby is the fork separating my belly from the rest of me! I will miss that feeling!!!

Anywho... So. November 19th. The day finally arrived for the New Moon movie to come out. We are prepared...we being me, Lindsay, Katie, Jaime and Leslie...except that Jaime and Leslie kept talking about bailing out on us!!! (and Leslie ended up not coming b/c her entire family got the stomach flu! yucky! but Kerry took her place). At like 4:30pm...Lindsay came over. We had a good time preparing for our night...watching TV...playing w/ the boy...picking up some McD's...and then we skiddaddled out the door by 8:15pm to stand in line...and wait. Now. When we went to see Twilight at midnight...we didn't even meet up until closer to 10pm- and we walked right in and found awesome seats. Not so much this time. By the time we got to the theater...the line was wrapped inside the theater...out the theater...and around the theater. They let us in at around 9:30pmish...and we ended up getting pretty good seats- not centered, but up near the top, so it didn't really matter!

Anywho. The movie? Was. Great. After SUCH a disappointing first movie...I tried not to have many expectations about the second one. I was thrilled at what I saw of the wolf pack's transforming...so that was good enough for me. I never anticipated the awesomeness of the movie. It followed the book decently...adding a few parts that were left behind in the first film (like Jasper's ability...or the fact that Carlisle lived w/ the Volturi)...I really did enjoy it...and can't wait to go see it again...and again...and... ::sigh:: you get the picture!

So...my favorite memories of the evening?
* McDonald's w/ Lindsay: my two lil boyfriends were at the counter...guess it's a little shocking when the hottie you check out at the drive through comes in w/ her big pregnant belly and her son and a shirt that says "My mommy loves Edward Cullen (just don't tell my daddy)" LOL. And Linds def. got the side head thing going when someone was reading her shirt....apparently they were not amused with us! LOL
* Explicit girls in all their hairy glory
* "Poweraid! Poweraid! Poweraid! Poweraid!"
* My dad...he's too sexy for his... ?! ::hangsheadinembarrasement:: My dad came over to be at the house while Jude sleeps- until DLo could get home from rehearsal. He looked very schnazzy for a Thursday evening to just be sitting in a quiet house (he was wearing a blue polo and had this new goatee thing going)...and when I inquired about his hotness- he began singing that he was too sexy... Lindsay said he was adorable...I quickly begged her not to encourage him!
* The line....the line that wrapped around the building- the three year old girls that were in line behind us...that kept kicking me- or the "cool kids" who were smoking and almost got cut...
* KT's rockstar drink...and how preggos are NOT supposed to drink it...
* The New Moon cup...that apparently was sold out...and me saying, "but I'm PREGNANT!"...poor lil guy at the cashier counter...he didn't really know how to respond to that!
* KT's nachos...the never ever ever ending nachos.
* Scrabble on the iPod...
* Watching Twilight on KT's iPod Touch...w/o sound (b/c she was sharing her earbuds w/ Kerry)...but quoting it anyway...word for word. ::hangsheadinshame::
* The stupid manager and her stupid game where she didn't call on us!
* All the smart kids who would ask if our seats were saved (if the others were in the restroom) at like 10:45pm- um...hello?! people have been standing in line to get seats since the 8:00am...do you THINK there would be that many open seats up at the top an hour before showtime?! ::here'syoursign::
* Whoppers. Yes. I ate the ENTIRE thing. Minus the 2 I gave Kerry...the 1 that fell in her bag...and the 1 I gave Lindsay. And I do not feel bad about it at all.
* The dood- I mean...he looked like a manly man...who rocked his New Moon shirt. I giggled...everytime I saw him.
* The restroom. Of course...regardless where you are- the womens' restroom always has a line. When you're pregnant...you go pee alot. Luckily...being a former teacher...I can hold mine a lil longer than the average joe. Which is what I did. I was saving it- for right before the movie (like all the other girls in the theater!) so that I wouldn't have to go again until it was finished. KT, Kerry, Jaime, and Lindsay had all just gone...when they returned- they informed me that if I walked to the other side of the concessions...they opened up the mens restroom for the women. Sweet. So. I walk by the restrooms closest to my auditorium...long line...walk to the other side...that womens rr is long too...so I go to the mens room. Now....there are all of 4 stalls...but there is only one lady in line in front of me. The problem was the 3 fourteen year olds behind me...who are ALL KINDS of giddy to be at the movies...at midnight. They are loud. They are obnoxious. They keep yelling "OMG! They have STALLSSSS!" (meaning urinals) They have my mind spinning on how I will NEVER let Jude or 2.0 out and about when they are that young. Okay- my turn to pee. I'm in the stall- doing my thang. One of the girls says- I'm gunna squat on the stall (urinal) cover me w/ your sweater!!! Now. I'm assuming that this is taking place...I'm still in my little cave of protection (which btw- ew you men NEED to pee cleaner! The toilet almost made me barf)... Okay- now I need to set this up. The urinals are directly across from the stalls. As I'm opening the door to my stall- directly in front of me is this 2 year old- squatting over the urinal w/ her lil skinny legs and her pants pulled down...and her friend covering her up w/ a sweater. In front of me to the right is the mirror and sinks. Okay. So. I open my stall door...I'm about to take a step out...the restroom door opens (up until this point there has been a line of women and a movie worker person guarding the door)...there is no line...no movie person...only a lil 16 year old boy...walking in to do his bidness....I see him in the mirror as I'm taking my first step out....simultaneously w/ the urinal girls...who are now screaming... I'm watching the poor kid's face in the mirror. Utter. Shock. He literally has no idea what is going on or what to do...just that there is a girl w/ her pants down in the MENS room squatting over the urinal. LOLOL! As he turns, mortified, out of the restroom...I point at the girls (who are still right in front of me) and do my scream/laugh. Yes, that's right...I pointed and laughed at the girls. I laughed loud and I laughed proud. I laughed the ENTIRE time that I was washing my hands...and all the way across the concessions...I laughed as I saw the poor boy again- this time leaving the mens restroom on the OTHER side...I laughed that he still looked perplexed...I laughed the entire way up the stairs to my seat. And I laughed as I retold the story to my girlfriends. Best. Thing. Ever.
* Kerry. Girl is going to find herself in jail. Taylor is ONLY 17 my friend...you are not. Yes...it is impressive the ripples on his stomach or whatnot...yes...it is in fact more impressive than the hair (and painted on) debacle that is RPattz stomach...but...he's just too little. And I couldn't help thinking...ew- you're someone's little boy...if anyone ever drooled over Jude like that...when he was 17 and they were in their mid-30's...I would cut them! So. Needless to say. I didn't swoon or drool like the other girls in the theater. Honestly.
* The end...and NOT being upset w/ the movie! We were all very impressed...very excited! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAA! Maqn reading that made me giggle so much. We are ridiculous. Ridiculously cool. Though you did forget to mention my rockstar Glee singing on the way to the theater. Sigh. Good memories.
Linds