10.04.2010

...Tennesee Part1...

Well...We're here at our home away from home. And no, I don't mean Disneyland! ;) Derrick and I were brave...and packed up our two babies...and our 5million bags and luggage...and hopped on a plane to see the Grandparents! We were actually talking last night...and this is our 7th time out here in the past 5 years. Yup. We love this place (especially when I don't have to sleep on an airmattress...)!!! It's so beautiful here right now...and down right cold! I mean...to board a plane at 104 degree temp and exiting the plane at 54 degree is quite a shock to the system!!! Oy! I was so not built for cold weather! I know that's really strange to some people...but I'd rather sweat than shiver!!! At least when I'm hot, I can stay inside or under a fan or AC or a pool or take off clothing. When I'm cold...I'm cold- inside, outside, under the covers...it's in my bones!

I digress. So. Our trip went pretty smoothly. I must say I was SO incredibly proud of Jude. He was such a good listener while we were waiting for Daddy to check in our 3bags...(while Mom, Jude, and Em stood on the curb w/ our double stroller, both HUGE carseats, diaper bag, Daddy's baby Taylor guitar, and the bag containing Jude/Emme's entertainment on the trip!). We stood there for what felt like forEVER...mostly b/c I was holding Emme w/ one arm the whole time...and holding Jude's hand w/ the other....and althoghe Emme, in comparison to Jude at 8months is WAY light...it still starts to make your arm want to fall off after 15 or so mins!!! OMG...I'm doing it again...I'm rambling...and making Jaime skim through all my blah blah! LOL!

Anywho. While we were waiting on the curb...this car pulls up w/ an older (60ish) man and woman. The woman is the one leaving, and as she is in line waiting to check her luggage...her husband, I notice...keeps.staring.at.us. Now. I'm used to this. HAHA. I know, so vain. No...I really am. I'm used to people staring at my kiddos...b/c they.are.gorgeous. I'm not kididng! But the really creeper was when the guy comes up to me and says, "Oh my goodness...your son here looks JUST like my grandson...do you mind if I take a picture of him???" Um. Uh. Er. I said "Ok" but inside I was thinking... 1. "Um, really? Really? ::lowervoice:: really?!?! I'm pretty sure my son looks NOTHING like your grandson b/c my son is gorgeous." and then 2. "Um. That.is.weird." HAHA. Well...he took his picture and went on his merry way. And soon after, his wife was done SkyCapping and came to tell me that Jude looks like her grandson all over again. Hm. Still don't buy it...not gunna lie! ;) And...it's not the first time people have asked to take a picture of my kids...is that weird or what?!

So then... we finally get through security...which went pretty smooth considering all we had...and they had to do the tests on the baby food stuff... So. We get to our gate...and wait and eat. DLo is holding Emme...and this guy sitting across from us...is smiling at playing peekaboo w/ her... Cute right? Yes...until. He comes up...all smiles and giggly and happy...and was like, "You are just so stinking cute! You are just flirtin' so much... If she was a lil older...I'd ask her out!" ::insertsoundofscreechingtires:: Um. Awkward much? LOL. Um. 1. My daughter is not even a year old...if she was a lil older...your a** would STILL end up in jail...or dead 2. She's sitting on her daddy's lap...you don't say stuff like that to daddy's girl while she's sitting on his lap!?! Who ARE you?! LOL. Hm. No...I mean...yes...it was creepy...but he was having so much fun getting her to smile and giggle...I think he just...chose a bad phrase to come up and say. LOL. Hmmm.

Then on the plane...our man flight attendant was uber friendly to Emme too...but he was a father to 3 boys...so I guess I can see where seeing a beautiful, well tempered, little girl would draw a dad in...except he kept saying he was going to "take her home"... Um. Okay sir. O.kay. And then, of course...there was the lil 9 year old boy who kept playing w/ Em from across the aisle. (which was both adorable and annoying at the same time!) ;) I told DLo that he had better buy a rifle soon...b/c before we know it...we're going to have BOY.TROUBLE! ;)

Alright. So. We arrived. We survived. We get someone to take all our stuff to our rental...and we drive to Chattanooga for some OG (which...btw...was AWFUL- I mean- how do you mess up Fettuccine Alfredo?!) ...and then to Cleveland. It was awesome to see Gma/Gpa...and so fun introducing our princess to her Great Grandparents! (PS- Emme's middle name "Ann" is Gma Logan's middle name as well, which is why we chose it)...

Looking forward to the rest of the week! :)

6 comments:

Violet Conner said...

Oh my goodness....you should have said to the man who wanted to take Judes pic....'we don't want our sons pic taken for security reasons;)' Have a great time=)

The Breaux Family said...

I LOVE your rambling......hmmmm you made me wonder.....should I worry that people want to take Elijah's picture all the time here in Japan. NO ONE has ever asked in America though? Go figure! I am convinced that they are just UBER excited because they are so close to a lil brown-skinned boy and he has GINORMOUS eyes compared to their eyes:)

Tamara Wilkins said...

Ahahahahahaha! You're funny Kim!

Tamara Wilkins said...

PS. I LOVE our east coast weather! Bring on the sweaters! We are going to Asheville, which is close to TN in 1 week. If we were a week later, I would try to have my people hook up with your people. Hope you all keep having a great time and a safe trip home! =)

kimbasa said...

Vi- That comment TOTALLY made me narf.

Love- Ugh. I'm so bad at rambling! Always! Even in the midst of rambling I think...wow- you're writing/talking aLOT...but I cannot stop until I get to where I'm going...kinda like an ant. Hmmm. LOL!

I don't think you should be worried...those Asians are just in awe! ;)

Tamara- It was a shame that the weather got hot by the middle of the trip! lol.

Jaime said...

WTF?? Emme Ann isn't after her favorite auntie Jaime Ann?? What and ever!