10.15.2010

...til...

I am just so amazed at my son. He is growing up so fast...and as much as I love each new stage...there is a part of me that is sad to see the "baby" in him leave. Jude is such a kind boy...for the most part- he does live up to the terrible two's sometimes! He loves his daddy and his sister so much. He adores his Mickey...and loves to make music. I find myself looking at him and trying to see him as an infant...but all I see is this little boy who is full of energy and wonder...

I want to cherish these moments with him (and his sister) all my life.

I never want to forget the way he says, "Oh shhhhhuuuuuure..." if you ask him questions.
...the way he says "Ho-nu?" (Hold you) when he wants to be picked up.
...the conversations he makes his toys have with one another.
...the way he puts his Mickey, dog, Donald, and sometimes Bullseye to sleep (doing our bedtime routine).
...and sometimes making Mickey "c-eye" (cry) so that he can go back and comfort him.

I want to remember how he wipes away my kisses...
...and demands more.
...how he puts on full band rehearsals...
...and says "Haaani" (Halmoni)

I don't want to forget his funny smile- which means he's up to no good...
...or the way he repeats, "Mommy, Daddy, I go peepee" when we're reminding him to NOT pee in his chonies.

I want to think back and smile when I remember how he always wanted daddy to read him the "Byebu" (Bible)...
...and mommy to read The Potty Book...
...the way he ALWAYS needs ice in his water cup at bedtime...
...and the lovely excuses he has already learned to make to get out of his bed...

I don't want to forget how obsessed he is with brushing his teeth...
...how he knows how to operate our phones and the dvd player better than we do...
...the sound of his voice when he says "Mommy"...
...his fake burps- followed by "tehdeh!" (excuse me)...
...how much he loves his sister...
...how he says "nieeeeeght" and waves his fingers...
...seeing his giant body on his lil truck I bought him when he was almost a year old- homeboy rides that thing everywhere...


Jude...
I know that you "like" your daddy more...but mommy wants you to know that you bring me so much joy. You make me laugh...you keep me young. I am so thankful that you are my son and my life is more complete with you in it.

I love you, son!

0 comments: