Oh my goodness...I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about the holiday season! I literally cannot stop thinking about shoveling as much mashed potatoes and turkey and cranberry sauce into my mouth as I can! I pray that next Thursday isn't "oneofthosedays" when I'm feeling yucky and vomit-y. And don't even get me started on Christmas. Oh my word...I just love it all...the sights...the sounds...the lights...the smell of "pine" (in the form of my Gold Canyon Candle!)...and family time!!!! DLo even put the lights up on the outside of our house already!!! I plan on decorating the rest of the house today...but we're saving the tree until Friday! EEEK! (And...please- spare me the "respect the bird" speech...I've had pumpkins and fall all up in my house for MUCH longer than my tree will be up!!!)
One of the things I've been looking forward to this season...don't laugh at me...is the return of the Starbucks Cold Cup Tumbler. I know...so dumb. But I didn't really think to buy one last year...and then all of a sudden... ALL my friends had them and they were sold out EVERYwhere! :( ::sadface:: Honestly...I didn't even really care about them when all my friends had them...it wasn't until I found out I couldn't HAVE one even if I wanted that I became obsessed!!! Story.of.my.life. I digress. So...I had heard that Starbucks was planning on bringing the "Holiday" versions of the tumbler back in the middle of November...so I made sure to call each of the Bux's near my house to confirm the date they were going to be sold. Today, my friends...was that day.
Last night, Derrick told me that I would need to get to the Starbucks at 5am. Um. Yeah.Right! That's like...Black Friday crazy! And anyone who knows me...knows that I'd rather rip my finger nails out than 1. wake up early 2. to wake up early to shop and 3. wake up early to shop with 9zillion other people!!! So. My plan was to wake up when the kids woke me up and mosey on down to get my tumbler. Except...I couldn't stop DREAMING about the stupid cups! I know, right?! The first dream was that they were sold out...the next was that the cups were uber lame and flimsy and worthless, but DLo and I HAD to have them anyway! Oh my word...dreams like that kept coming...So...when I woke up to use the potty at 6am...I told myself that if I couldn't fall back asleep (which generally is NO problem) that I'd brush my teeth and throw on some clothes and go. I tossed and turned and felt like I was going to throw up (in a nonpreggo way)...so I dragged myself out of bed to the Starbucks around the corner from my 'hood.
Now. I'm a SUPER competitive person. Even when I'm not totally outwardly being competitive...in my head...in my SOUL...I'm competing. So...I naturally was shaky and nervous b/c I HAD to get my tumblers!!! I HAD to beat all the zillions that, in my imagination, would be wanting a cup too. I pull in. I'm ready. Get my 3 tumblers, get out. Do it. Do it. Go. Legs, don't fail me. Go. Do it. Go.
...I walk in...
...I look at the sparkly and new holiday display full of holiday cups and ornaments and froofy flavored drinks...
...I see the cups...
...My heart rejoices...
::insertsoundoftiresscreechingtoahalt:: Wait. These are Grande sized...where's...where's....where's the Venti sized? Where's...the....Venti...sized?! I look around the entire store. (In hindsight- those Baristas musta been giggling at me and every other poor sap that scoured the entire store for those darn cups!). WHERE'S YOUR VENTI CUPS??? "Oh...we sold out of those right away...." ?!?!?!?!? WHERE'S YOUR VENTI CUPS?!?! "Yeah, they went SO fast..." Um...when did you put them out?!?!?!? "Like 5am... there are other Starbucks stores that might have them...."
Yup. Sad.Face. So I had to get my sad, tired, scrubbedout body into the car to start my search for these stupid stupid STUPID cups that I'm obsessed with. I call a store...and they have SEVEN! But...can't hold any for me...(and of course...I mistakenly called the one on 99th and McDowell...not 99th and Camelback, which is closer)...so as I'm headed there...I call the Starbucks that is next nearest to me...they are out. So...like a bat...straight out of you.know.where...I head to the one that had seven.
...I park...
...I shake...
...I walk...
...I'm in the door...
THERE THEY ARE! THERE THEY ARE! In the 10 minutes it took me to drive there...they didn't sell ANY of the seven! Woot WOOT! Now. I only needed 3. I know...that seems like a lot...but one was for me...one was for DLo...and one was for my friend Leslie- who had asked me to get one for her if I was out getting one. I only need 3, Kim. Just 3. But...they've been sold out everywhere...and....and...what if someone else NEEDS one...
...Do I buy them all?...
...But I only NEED three...
...Should I just do it?...
...No...that's mean, what if someone walks up behind me and wants one...
So. I took SIX of them. BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH. What.A.Bafoon. As I'm stacking them in my arms...the Barista asks- "Are you the one who called???" ::sheepishly:: Yesssshhhh. "Hmm...I should buy the last one..." I inform him how this is the 3rd place I went to and they were sold out of the Venti's everywhere... and he buys it! Hahahaha! (And as he is wrapping and bagging my purchase...he got a phone call inquiring about them!) Oh...the guilt I felt for buying 3 extra!!!
So. I get my tumblers...I get my White Chocolate Mocha (MMMmmmm) and breakfast sandwich (which I had a free coupon for!) and I scurry home.
..........
Come to find out later in the afternoon. THEY ARE SELLING THEM ONLINE ON STARBUCKS' WEBSITE. Are you for real? Are you joking? So. I've been up 2 hours earlier than my kids...my eye is twitching...my bank account is frowning at me...and I have 3 extra cups...that I can't even sell on Ebay (yet) for millions of dollars...b/c they aren't actually sold out...so long as you have enough thought to look on Starbucks.com! Boom.Roasted.
Aw....Well...at least I got what I wanted! ;)
11.16.2010
...it's beginning to look alot like Christmas...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
BEST story all week! I laughed all the way through it...oh how I miss your blog updates :)
Your excitement made me want one.....and I only drink coffee like 3 times a year! Enjoy your VICTORY over the mystery caller!
buahahaha! I love that you have six! Good gifts, eh?
Love- Haha! I'm glad you liked it! I'm trying to be better at updating my blog! I've been SOOOOOO tired though...that the kids' naptime is my naptime! You should totally order one...it's for "cold" drinks only...and is perfect for water! :)
Jaime- I actually don't have any extra now! DLo "sold" one to his coworker...and I'm giving the other 2 away as gifts! ;)
LOLz sorry to be that bearer of bad news Kim! I will totally buy two of them off you though ;) Facebook me.
awesome...I had no idea about these Christmas Venti Tumblers!!! Ha! Great post.
Post a Comment