4.30.2011

...catching up- Feb...

I'm so terribly sorry that I haven't been blogging! I've had a ton on my plate...and it seems as though life is not going to be slowing down! So...I'm going to do a quick blog to catch you all up!

February
Oh geez... this was so stinkin' long ago!!!

*Emme was able to attend her very first Father/Daughter dance w/ her daddy at CCV! It was so cute dressing her up and painting her nails (although- it didn't seem like they lasted very long!)... I think I was WAY more into it than Derrick...and of course Emme is so young that she didn't really know what was going on! But... it was really meaningful for this momma to have her girl go on her first date w/ her daddy! As one who ALWAYS looked up to her dad...and would even say she was going to marry her dad one day... I want Emme to know that there is a man out there that will always treat her like the princess she is! (Derrick took her all 3 nights b/c he sang a special song- and had Miss Em on stage w/ him... SO sweet!)





















*My 31st birthday was at the end of February...and Derrick was SO awesome by asking his mom to watch the kids for us so that we could go on a little getaway. We did a lot of research on where we wanted to go or what we wanted to do... but with the amount of time we were going to have... it didn't seem practical to fly to NY or Hawaii or even drive to CA... we wanted to spend as much time together and not waste time traveling. One thing that I've been wanting to do for forEVER is do a spa day...and Derrick- being the WONDERFUL man that he is, obliged! We had a fantabulous and relaxing weekend... It started off at the mall to buy some new maternity clothes!!! Then some PF Changs...and then we checked into our hotel- The Scottsdale Princess! The next morning we enjoyed some room service (delish!) and then jet setted to the Red Door Spa for a day of pampering! Derrick and I each got a warm sugar scrub, massage, mani/pedi and our hair done... and I got some makeup done! We left there...got some Sprinkles and then went to dinner at Fogo de Chao- holy Brazilian beef, batman! lol! Anywho- we went to the mall our final day after lunching it up at Maggiano's... and rushed home to see our babies (who were both totally sick!). Mema is THE best for watching them!

It was a great birthday...and a great month! I totally regret not blogging about it sooner! (Seriously too- if you EVER are wanting a spa day... the Red Door Spa- Biltmore was awesome!!! Made us feel SO pampered and made the day all about us!!!)

2 comments:

Tamara Wilkins said...

How sweet! That sounds like the funnest weekend... EVER! He looks very happy in all those pictures... =) Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Kim I love your ruffle top! I want it, so hand it over! ha