Well. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly this day comes. Seems like one minute I'm at the hospital anxiously awaiting to go home with my precious new lovebucket...and the next, I'm trying to find time to blog about my lovebucket's FIRST monthday! :( I wish I could say I was excited about this... but it is just so darn sad to me that this season in our lives is flying by. ::sigh::
Kate is doing great. She is just the sweetest little baby in the world. She absolutely loves to be cuddled...and I'm convinced that she'd sleep her life away in my arms! I am just so in love with her sweet little noises and her BIG brown eyes.
We've already begun to learn so much about Miss Kate... and while the jury is still out on "who she looks like" (I think she's a nice blend of both kids- but reminds me much more of Jude than Emme)...we couldn't be more blessed! Kate is not a very good sleeper... I mean- she def. sleeps, but she would rather be rocked to sleep than left alone- which is alot like her brother was... why can't all babies be independent (sleepwise) like Emme?! Kate is also not a very good eater! Well... let me rephrase that sentence. Kate does not eat nearly as much as her brother and sister did at her age! BUT- she IS nursing! Kinda. ;) While my milk did not come in (much) with Jude or Emme- my milk HAS come in more with Kate. I still don't think my supply is as much as it needs to be...but it is significantly more than it was with both the other babies... So. Barren Waste Land no more! YES! Kate does a great job...and it's so encouraging to hear a "drinking" sound come from my little lovebucket! She does get a little frantic- whether nursing or bottle feeding... and that stresses me out... but she looks like she's growing- so I'm okay with that! ;) (Which- btw- the most depressing part of having a baby- when the NB close don't fit anymore! That is always when I get the saddest!)
Anywho- I am just so blessed...and although I cannot stop time... I'm enjoying watching my babies grow!
Kate,
One thing mommy wants to teach you in life is how amazing God truly is. When mommy and daddy thought we might only have four people in our family... God thought we should have five... and we were blessed with YOU! Our family would not be complete without our little cuddle bug. Mommy is so proud of how hard you are trying to nurse...and sleep through the night. In your short time with us- you have made our hearts grow so much larger... we ALL love you very very much...
-Mommy






0 comments:
Post a Comment