8.09.2011

...summa summa summa tiiiime...

Well.  What a busy summer we had/are having.  From birthday parties...to births...to surgeries...to preschool... oh my!  Here's what the Logan's have been up to in the last few weeks:

June
Before the weather got TOO out of control... the kids spent part of the early evening playing outside in the water (this was mostly b/c I had taken them out in May...and had taken some AWESOME pictures... that I deleted when I was in the hospital giving birth to Kate.  Ugh!)  We ended out evening with a BBQ chicken dinner on the patio!  MMmmm!


 
July
 It is much more difficult to do things outside of the house now that we have Baby Kate...so I got a little bold and decided to let the kids paint... It was super stressful- for Derrick- b/c he hates messes like that... but I had fun watching the kids have at it... and the mess- well...it cleaned up pretty quick!  :)
















Later in the month...Derrick had some polyps removed from his nose.  It seemed like a great idea back before Kate was born... when we were trying to find ALL the things we could do medically this year since we've met our deductible.  ...unfortunately...we probably should have had Derrick do the surgery before the baby was born... b/c he was TOTALLY out of commission for a week... meaning- this mama had FOUR babies to take care of all on my own!  Oh my!!!!  Not to toot my own horn... but I think Derrick would agree... that I pretty much rocked it!  No, really!  I was quite impressed with myself!  But after the 4th day... I def. needed some ME time!  We WERE able to go out and see the last Harry Potter movie (which I LOVED)...and Derrick was awesome at feeding Kate the bottle if I needed.... they even managed to get some snuggle time too!















Derrick had also planned on getting his ::cough:: snipsnip ::giggles:: surgery (um, like 2 days after his schnoz surgery)... but the procedure was alot more invasive than he expected... and his ENT doctor told him to reschedule!  Maybe God is telling us we need to have ONE more???  Eh?  Eh?  Thus far he wasn't rescheduled THAT surgery... but only b/c his August is super busy... sigh...

I guess it was a good thing he wasn't out of commission too long- b/c cousin Jordan came to visit from TN.  His timing wasn't the best for Derrick and I...but it WAS to celebrate his 21st birthday (what whaaaaaat!)... and Jerrod/Niki were able to show him a good time the first part of his trip (while Derrick was recouping!)  We love Jordan...and it warms my heart how much he loves all our babies... such a good uncle/cousin!  (Jude was WAY excited about Jordan's trumpet too... it MIGHT have been his favorite part of Jordan's stay with us!!!!)
















Okay- now that I'm caught up..ish... perhaps I'll be able to keep up with blogging again?  ::sigh::  I hope!

1 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

You ROCKED with 4 peeps to take care of....awesomeness!!!