5.25.2012

...eleven...

Welp.  There's only one month left until my youngest baby is no longer a baby.  There are no words on this planet to describe the feeling that I'm going through.  I only hope that there are other mommas out there who have gone through what I'm going through and can relate! 

I've been telling people... that knowing that I won't have any more babies... either growing inside me... or just in my household... has been harder for me than turning any age.  Shoot- I'd turn 50 every single day and I'm certain it would be easier than this.  Babyless.  That's what I'm going to be.  Babyless.  I know everyone must think I'm crazy.  ...and trust me... I know how difficult it is to raise babies... sleepless nights, super tight schedules, all the unknowns b/c they can't fully communicate with you... I know... but it's SO much more fun to me!  The smooshie butts... the cuddles... the lack of being able to tell you "No!"... oh my word!  The coos... the kisses... all the new discoveries!  idk.  I know that we aren't having any more.  ...but it's hard... and if I could hire a nanny or clone myself... I might demand that DLo get "reversed" so we could have a million more... but reality is... they're cute and cuddly (like a puppy!)... but then they grow up... and even though they are more independent... somehow- they need you MORE!  And raising children- TRULY raising them... is the most difficult thing that anyone can do on this planet.  Hands.Down.

So.  Where does that bring me! 

Kate is eleven months old!  AH!  Who yelled out "Warp Speed Ahead!" and didn't warn me?!  Geez, louis!  I've been trying to savor each and every moment... but it's still happening way too fast!  My lil bebe Kate is growing up and doing SO much these days!  Lately she's been pulling herself up onto EVERYthing... and I don't wanna jinx it... but she MIGHT walk earlier than her big bro and sis did!  She can pull the baskets out of the playroom shelves and lifts herself up so she can see what toy she wants... she can kinda sorta walk w/ the toy stroller, but usually only does a step or two... she can stand up on her own for a few seconds before slooooowly sitting back down... she says "Nanananana!" which means "no"... says "bouboubou" for bounce... yells "dadadada!" for her daddy... and gets SO uber excited when she sees him... says "mamama" ONLY if she wants me to hold her!... LOVES her brother... gives the best kisses... has the SWEETest smile... is a cuddler... says "'woah" for "hello" and puts things up to her head like she's talking on the phone... has 6 teeth... LOVES to hug and pat Emme's babydolls and stuffed animals...

She is such a little blessing... Derrick and I are just so amazed by her... she truly does complete our family!



Kate,
 You are our perfect little baby.  The 4 of us are so blessed to have you in our lives... you make us all so happy and your sweet sweet smile brightens up every room.  I hope you know that God placed you in this family... and you are a special lil girl to us!  Can't believe you are going to be one soon... time has gone by quicker than I have it permission to... but I'm excited to see what your personality blossoms into.... to see the lil lady you'll become!

Mommy loves you!
 

0 comments: