5.25.2012

My growing Jude















Well.  My boy is four.  To say that this was a hard birthday for me... would be quite the understatement.  I know it's a random and odd year to have a hard time with... but for me... this year is the LAST year that Jude is a "bebe"... I literally cannot comprehend him being 5 years old.  I cannot comprehend him going to school... I mean... I know he goes to school now... but I feel NO obligation to actually take him!  Haha- no seriously... he's only got one year left until he's a career student.  I mean... shouldn't we, as a world, revisit this whole concept of sending your kids to school when they're 5?  Seems too quick for me!  I don't know.  It's just been tough.  My lil big guy is growing up....

Jude is a bundle of joy.  I like to tell people that he's the sweetest most orneriest boy you will ever meet!  Seriously though.  He is THE sweetest most loving kid I've seen.  He loves to take care of people... if Emme gets scared- he's always there to the rescue- "beating up" whatever it is that bothers her.  He uses the cutest kindest words when trying to teach his sisters anything... it's just precious.  He love love LOVES his baby Kate and can usually be found all up in her face talking "babytalk" to her!  (No wonder he's her favorite!)  But whoa buddy... is this boy a STUBBORN lil booger!  And when he doesn't get his way... the world.needs.to.watch.out. 

I've written about this before, I think... but I have personal crazy issues in terms of when he's not cooperating.  I mean... he really does act like a typical 4 year old boy... except that he's 77lbs and 1/4 Korean... so... his fits are a lot more... grandiose than the average 4yo!  He's just so much bigger and louder than the other boys- his fits stand out more.  That bothers me.  Not at him... but at everyone who gets to witness his awesome spectacle.... b/c I feel like he's judged based on his actions... and his size isn't always considered.  idk.  I know who Jude is... his dad knows who he is... and most importantly... his Maker knows who he is.  ...I just need to not sweat the small stuff.

-------
I digress!  So... this year... I was DETERMINED to throw him a really cool Toy Story Party!  You may remember... but I wanted to throw a TS party for him LAST year... but Jude decided he wanted a Pirate Party!  Oy...  I guess it's my bad... I should know by now... do NOT ask him what kind of party he wants... so this year... he tells me he wants an Octonauts party.  ... ?!... ....really...  REALLY?!...  The Octonauts is a new (to the US) show on Disney Junior...it's been around for a while in Australia and the UK apparently... but is new here... which means... there's not much out there in terms of "stuff".  Ugh.  Well... I kinda put off planning the party with Easter and TN happening right before his birthday... when we got back from TN- I realized that I had really NO time to plan ANYthing!  :(  ::insert- motheroftheyear::  Now, I know he's only 4 and that he wouldn't remember or notice... but I WOULD!  So... I scrambled to put something together... and thankfully b/c of my awesome bro/sisinlaw... I was able to throw him an Octonauts themed (and I use that term loosely) pool party!  Yowzers!  Thankfully... Jude had a blast... and I threw a somewhat low maintenance party (for once!)!!!!
So thankful for Jerrod and Niki for letting us have the party at their house!
The banner and cupcakes were really the only Octonauts things there were... I figured w/ the pool, I was off the hook!

Zoe came to celebrate w/ Jude!

Auntie Love was Kate's Keeper!

Is he cute or what!?  The GrillMaster!  Poor dad didn't even dip one toe into the pool b/c he was so busy cooking!

Um.  Is she adorable or what?!


Elijah was there too!

Jude had a BLAST in the pool!

Cousin Bray was excited for the Octofun too!

Love me some Jeffy!

Everyone's favorite moment- CAKE TIME!

Lots of fun new presents!

Aunt Tori and Katiebug

Cupcake face!

Cousin Camryn















































































































































The party was almost over... and we all realized that the eclipse was happening! Whoops!  Well... we all rushed over to the side of the house... and attempted to "see" the eclipse- which btw- never look directly at the sun!  ::smh::  Anywho.  We pretty much had already missed it.. but it was comedy watching the adults act like idiots trying to see it!  :) 
Apparently you need a special lens to shoot an eclipse?!  But... But... I have a DSLR!  ;)

























 Jude,

Happy Birthday, bud.  You are such a special boy... I love you so much and I'm proud of all the hard work you did this past year.  It warms my heart every time you say "Your my best mommy"... and I cannot describe the joy it brings me to see you rock out!  I want you to know how much I believe in you... I pray that you will never lose your creative imagination... that you will be a brave boy who makes bold choices for the Lord.  I love you, son.  You're my best boy.

-Mommy

0 comments: