7.14.2009

...my favorite things...

Jude. He is just so stinkin' awesome. When I was working in the library...I stumbled upon a book that the kids all just LOVED: Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse. The story is about a cat named Skippyjon Jones...who is sent to his room for timeout...but uses that time to explore his imagination to rescue his chihuahua friends from the Bobble-ito...taking on the persona of El Skippito. Oh it's pretty cute! Well...I found a lil board book when Jude was way tiny that is called Skippyjon Jones Up and Down....and in the last few months, it's become one of Jude's favorites. I like to read the story and make sound effects and move the book around...for instance: "Everyday, Skippyjon Jones bounces UP (BOING and lift the book up) and DOWN (BONK and bring the book down)....he zooms BACK (ZOOOOOOM and swing the book to the side) and FORTH (ZOOOOOOM and swing the book back to the other side)" You get the picture... Anywho. So...Jude like TOTALLY has it memorized now...and whenever he is playing w/ the book...he'll turn to the first page and put the book over his head and then bring it down while saying "doooooonnnnnnn" SO CUTE! And when I'm ready the story to him...he makes his own version of my sound effects on the correct page! Seriously....he's a genius!

1 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

WOW! You should enter in in a child prodigy contest!