So. When I was pregnant w/ Jude...I was pretty blissful. Well..up until April- which was the month before I had him. And...really, it wasn't that I wasn't blissful...I just had...more "preggo" moments than throughout the rest of the pregnancy. The doctor had told me that I was going to "go early" b/c I was measuring a couple weeks ahead of schedule....as a matter of fact...she said that if I went to term...I would probably be delivering an 11lb baby. So- essentially...I felt as if I'd been pregnant an extra month...b/c not only did I go to full term...I was overdue- only by a couple of days, but still!!!
Throughout my pregnancy w/ Jude...I didn't have any crazy cravings...no icecream and pickles or anything gross like that. I did go through spurts where certain foods sounded better than others at weeks at a time- like, I went through a pasta phase...a chips/salsa phase...and of course- I HAD to have dessert after every meal- especially that last trimester. Really...the only funny/zany/crazy pregnancy story that I have from Jude...was the week before I had him. ::cue the scene:: Tori, Derrick's sister, had just graduated from Grand Canyon to be a nurse (she's a labor/delivery nurse now)...and Grandpa Logan and Layne came in for the ceremony from TN. Grandpa Logan had been anticipating hitting 2 birds w/ 1 stone and meeting his second greatgrandchild...no dice...but needless to say...his disappointment was NOTHING compared to my readiness!!! One of the nights, the entire Logan clan got together for dinner at Abuelo's- which has become one of my fav. places for enchiladas- but I digress. Well... I love me some tea- specifically sweet tea...and the last month, that was my drink of choice. So...I, like many at our table, ordered a tea. Long story short: I drank the tea...and needed a refill. Now...I'm not one of "those" customers. Generally, I'm super sweet to my server...b/c I mean...let's face it...it's hard to please people and who KNOWS how many tables he has. So...after about 10 mins of no drink...I ask him politely (honest!!!) for a refill! about 5 mins later...he comes back w/ a tray of new drinks for the table...and I watch...patiently, mind you- w/ my parched mouth- and my greedy eyes...as he hands out this water to so&so...and this tea to thisguy...and this drink to thatguy...and loandbehold!!! The last tea...for little ol' pregnant me! Um...? Did he just hand MY tea to someone else?! As the waiter begins to walk away...with a tear in my eye- oh believe me...there were more!- I yell.... "I just want my DAMN tea!" OH. MY. GOSH. Then...out of embarrassment for 1. yelling...and 2. cussing...and 3. doing it RIGHT in front of Gpa Logan- the tears start flowing. The table of Logans was stunned! And then the laughter erupted...and the waiter...apologizing all over himself as I sit there crying and laughing...brings me...not ONE tea...but TWO...in extra large glasses! And let me tell you...he did NOT stop bringing me one...every chance he got!
That story to this day cracks us up...but...last night...wow. Might top the DAMN tea night.
So. I was using DLo's computer to edit some pictures...We were both sitting on the sectional watching some awful "Secrets of Magic" show b/c there was NOTHING on... After finishing the first batch of pictures (I had taken babybump pix and newborn pix)- I went to transfer the files to my computer...and proceeded to pay some bills...that I had totally forgotten about- whips! When I came back into the room about 40mins later...Derrick was passed out on the sectional watching some "Woodstock: Then and Now" show and I had a sudden craving for Ajo Al's. I mean....I've craved french fries before...just b/c they are delish and when I think of 'em...pregnant or not, I want them!...but I've never craved- after I had already eaten dinner a couple hours before- a restaurant to the point of actually smelling the food! Well...I had just eaten dinner a few hours before...AND I had more pictures to edit...AND it was like 10:30pm...AND Derrick was sleeping...I'll just ignore. NO. I can't stop thinking about burritos...and I can't stop smelling them. Drat. What do I do?! Ajo Al's will be closed...I can't wake up Jude to take my family to dinner at 11:00 at night...I'll ignore....oooor.... I'm gunna have to wake up Derrick anyway to go to the bedroom....maybe I'll wake him up and ask him to go get me a Taco Bell burrito... ::whispers:: "Derrick....Derrick, get up...Derrick, I'm craving burritos really bad...I can't stop thinking about them...even though I've tried!!!" At this point- Derrick mumbles something unintelligible and rolls over on the couch. ?! ::waits 5 mins:: "Derrick???" ::shakes him:: "Derrick...wake up..." ::hits him w/ pillow:: "Derrick...I want burritos..." Again...Derrick mumbles something. ?! ::sigh- waits 2 mins and then even louder:: "DERRICK....wake up...DERRICK!" Nothing! He doesn't even budge! And...at this point...if I don't get a burrito in my hand...I will spontaneously combust! Finally...after 35mins of trying..."DERRICK!" He stirs... "Derrick...wake up...I'm sorry, but.....I am REALLY craving a burrito BAD- can you go get me one????" Now...here's the part where Derrick sits up...looks at the clock...looks back at me...and says... "I'm not getting you a burrito?!?!? I'm going to bed!" ::insert- shocked/hurt face:: "Kim- you don't NEED a burrito! I'm not getting you a burrito....I'm tired!" ::insert- smiling/shocked/hurtface:: (b/c I couldn't believe my ears) "Kim- It's the MIDDLE of the night! I'm going to bed!" ::insert- mouth open/shocked/hurtface:: "Why are you looking at me like that?!" That did it... ::tear:: ::teartear:: "BECAUSE I'M PREGNANT! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" Now...most of the next few sentences were VERY much unintelligble....but the gist was: "YousaidtotellyouifIwantedsomethingandnotgiveyoucluesandI'mpregnantandIhaveneveraskedyoutogogetmesomethingthislateatnightandIjustwantaburritoandIwouldnotnormallyaskyoutogooutthislateandIneverdidthiswithJudeandIdidn'twanttowakeyouupandIthoughtyouwouldgetmeoneand...itsnotfunnyDON'TLAUGHATME!"
::softest voice possible:: "Where do you want me to get you a burrito????" ::WAAAH:: "I DON'T WANT A BURRITO ANYMORE!" ::tearteartear::
Well....I ended up gettin a burrito...2 actually...and a taco...and nachos....and....it. was. delish.
After finishing my late night "snack"...Derrick informed me that he knows EXACTLY where Jude got his sad face- which- if you've ever seen it- is both comical...and pitiful. He kept saying over and over- I wish you could have seen the way you looked! Nice. Haha.
So...yeah...I think we've all learned a lesson here... :D Don't mess w/ a pregnant gal's hormones...it will bite you in the butt...
8.18.2009
...that's preg-tastic...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Laughing. Out. Loud. (and now craving a burrito as well- thanks!)
That is FREAKING HILARIOUS! I love it!
Rolling on the floor -- best story EVER!
Post a Comment