9.19.2009

...1/2 empty? or 1/2 full?...

When it rains...it pours, right?

I feel like I live an overly blessed life. I mean...I get to stay home with my son! I live in a beautiful- albeit tiny- house...I drive a nice and new car...I have a loving, supportive, caring husband...I have a family that is dramaless that I just adore...I have great BFF's who love me and all my quirks- and I understand that I have many! But...

It just occurred to me today- maybe it has taken me a long time to realize it b/c I'm pregnant and absentminded and caring for my son and husband?! idk- but just today...I realized...My family is being attacked so heavily... I have been praying for a few people who have shared their struggles spiritually/emotionally/physically... and all the while... WE are in need of YOUR prayers!

Let me explain...

Derrick and I were doing a fantabulous job of raising Jude...being his mommy and daddy...it occurred to us that we weren't doing such a great job of being spouses...we changed that by diving into the Word together and trying to spend time "making love a verb"...I cannot express how uplifting this has been to our marriage. And since then...I've been able to be the supportive wife (I hope!) to Derrick as he is embarking on this adventure w/ the Music Team in creating a worship album for PVC... Let me tell ya- it (our closeness) couldn't have happened at a better time...b/c it's been crazy tough with the rehearsal schedules....and the long hours at work...or just the level of stress Derrick's been feeling!

When we are doing great things for God...things just get thrown at us left and right! This isn't necessarily something Derrick and I never experienced before...but it feels like this time...the enemy is trying to come at us financially.

It has been such a blessing and miracle for me to be staying home with Jude and 2.0...there have been many months...weeks...days...that Derrick and I are just in awe of God's provision...there is NO way that I should be able to stay at home...NONE.

And then...recently...it seems like all our "extra funds" are being sucked dry... first our heater went out (last winter) and cost a couple of arms and legs to fix...then there was ticket #1....then ticket #2...the garage door broke and needed repairing...now our backyard is flooded (well, we got the H2O off)...and all the other lil things that have needed fixing up (like a baby's room?!) or other splurges we probably should have thought through better!

I was thinking today...man....I could get really upset and frustrated and stressed...which...don't get me wrong...me being me- I AM a little bit of that... but, instead...I'm going to choose to continue to look up and praise God...who give and takes away...b/c this is just yet ANOTHER opportunity for Him to show us is grace and show us that He is the Provider. And that...that encourages me.

So. Please pray for the Logans....especially me, as I'm the one who stresses about these things more. Pray for Derrick as he's doing this crazy project to reach more people to come to know Him- pray for him to have wisdom, patience, endurance, strength, rest... Pray for Jude as his mom and dad are nutz!...that this sickness that keeps attacking him goes away...that through looking back at this time in his life, he can see how God loved him and his family... Pray for me as I find myself lacking energy these days...pray that I can be a patient wife when it seems Derrick has been "away"...pray that our marriage continues to grow so that we can be good examples to Jude and 2.0.... :) Thanks...


...Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him... -James 1:2, 3, 12

3 comments:

Dad said...

Kimmy You knows We are always there for You.
We Love You, Derrick, Jude and 2.0.
All My Love Dad

P.S. God Loves you Also.

Derrick said...

I love doing this with you, baby. I'm so excited to see what's next for us. :)

The Breaux Family said...

Oh man...that was the verse I was going to type out! Go Holy Spirit! Love you......will be in prayer for my Wii buddies!