9.19.2009

...eggs, kim, eggs!...

LOL! Oh man... well...first off...I bet you are ALL KINDS of shocked that I've posted 3 times in the last 2 days!!! Trust me- I'd blog more often if I had time! JW is super active now, and likes to ruin mom's life when she's not paying 100% attention!!! And I think we're moving into the "one nap" zone... ::sigh:: so my time is precious!!!

Anywho. So. I've been having a harder time getting rest with 2.0 than I did w/ 1.0! I dunno if it's b/c I'm slightly bigger than I was w/ Jude or if 2.0 is sitting differently...or what- but I cannot get comfortable at night. That being said...I spend most of my daytime in a funk! It also doesn't help that I've been trying REALLY hard at drinking more water during the day...so I find that I wake up to go to the bathroom twice as much as I did with Jude...I can only imagine what it will be like when I'm further along and my poor bladder is the size of a peanut!

I digress. So. For those of you who know us...you know that DLo is a sleep talker. I have plenty of hilarious stories about him pumping his fist in the air and yelling "CHARGE!" or sitting down on the floor next to the bed tinkering w/ his phone telling me he is fixing a slideshow for church.... it's pretty comedy! And...despite my lack of sleep these days- if he starts a'talkin, you better believe I'm going to get up to enjoy the action!!!!

So. Last night...at about 3am...I wake up b/c Derrick is sitting on the side of the bed saying something.... then he gets up and starts ruffling/smoothing the bedsheets saying something somewhat unintelligable....
D- "Everywhere...." (ruffle ruffle)
K- "What? What are you doing?"
D- "They're everywhere..." (walks over to fan switch and turns it off...)
K- "What??? What are you doing? Are you cold???)
D- "I didn't mean to do that..." (turns fan back on...) "Eggs! Everywhere!"
K- ::totally puzzled:: "Ants???? Are their ants on the bed???"
D- (goes into the bathroom and turns on light) "No...Eggs, Kim, Eggs!"
K- "Eggs?!?!"
D- "Eggs, Kim, Eggs!"
K- "I don't understand...eggs?"
D- "Eggs, Kim! You know, like scrambled eggs!"
K- ::giggles:: "Derrick, turn off the lights, you're nutz...there are NO eggs in your bed!"

***now, I must note...that usually I'm 100% sure that Derrick is sleep talking... but last night, he was SO sure of himself and caring on with the conversation like he was awake...took me a while to realize he was nutz***

D- "Oh...I must be mistaken"

No joke...we both passed back out within 2 seconds of the conversation being over! Awesomeness.

1 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

WOW! You two have WHOLE ENTIRE conversations while he is sleeping ............ is that normal......ha ha ha D-Lo!