I cannot believe my little baby girl is already a month old. I mean...wow. Time always seemed to drag onnnn and onnnn when we were kids...and now I can't slow it down!!! I've been uber busy having two kiddos...there's not really time for myself...and any free time I HAVE had, has been spent on Emme's room! (I just need to get the cushions from Penny for her rocker and print a couple more pix, and I'm DONE! I also need to order a gallery wrap, but I'm waiting to see if they go on sale in March)
Anywho. Things I've learned in the past month:
* All those things I said I couldn't do...I can...
* It takes a LOT longer to get out the door with two kids than it does one...
* It takes a LOT of preparation to get out the door with an infant- I forgot about everything I need to bring: diapers, formula, bottles, bibs, change of clothes, wipes, binkies...oy
* I do NOT like being woken up from 4am-6am...anytime before or after is fine...
* Trying to put one child to bed at the same time the baby is awake is worse than giving birth w/o an epidural (wait- is that too dramatic...yeah- try being here)
LOL. Mostly...I've been having a blast. It is adorable to watch Jude w/ Emme...he completely ignores her when she is screaming/crying in the car...but will say "uhoh, baby!" if she's upset at home...he always wants to kiss and tickle her...and he wants so badly to play with her (we often find a toy phone on Em's face!) and every so often he's womp her on the head! lol. He's very protective of her as well...you can tell he gets uncomfortable when someone other than DLo or I are holding her. :) I'd forgotten, too, all those new baby things: the smell of the diaper...the smell of the baby...little coos...the scowls...the shaking of the head looking for food...lol It's been fun!
So... Miss Em. You are SO different from your brother...you:
*sleep ALL the time...
*do NOT like to sit and stare at things in the swing...
*have THE loudest cry of any baby I have ever heard in my LIFE!...
*love being held...a little too much, in my opinion...
*do NOT like the carseat- not even a little bit...
...and you're seriously the most beautiful baby girl... Mommy and Daddy and Jude love you so so much...we are so blessed to have you in our lives. We look forward to watching you grow...and seeing what little person you become! :)
Jesus,
Thank you for once again blessing us with such a perfect child. Derrick and I pray that we will have patience with our TWO children...that we raise them to know You...that they will grow to have a passion for serving You. Please guide us and give us wisdom in raising these precious gifts...
2.19.2010
...one month...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Seriously... 1 month? She is adorable!
WOW! A month! You are truly a super MOM with 2 little ones!! BLESS YOU!
Post a Comment