4.19.2010

...easter...

I know...I'm wicked late posting this...but life is super busy w/ two kiddos and I've spent all my free time either cleaning or editing pictures! Oy! Anywho...


I had SO much fun w/ Easter this year...last year was Jude's first Easter...but he was 11months old and I figured he wouldn't know or care about the entire hoopla of it...but THIS year...I got uber giddy to celebrate the Resurrection of JC w/ my boy! I seriously (and literally) bought his Easter basket like a month before (thanks pbkids) and bought all the goodies to fill it too! (I'm not kidding...it was like the beginning of March!) I might have gone a little overboard...but it's the first holiday (besides Christmas) that we're "participating" in ...as he hasn't done trick or treating yet...nor has he had a Valentine yet! :)

Anywho. I realized quickly that we have a dilemma. So. Derrick has church on Saturday nights...and EARLY Sunday morning for Easter services...and doesn't get home until early evening....so...when do we- as a cute lil family- do OUR Easter stuff...like decorate eggs and stuff? Oy. So. Derrick didn't get to share in THAT fun this year...but we'll prepare better next time!

I ended up only dying 6 eggs...b/c...none of us really like hard boiled eggs...and I felt guilty "wasting" a whole dozen (although DLo said it was "okay" b/c I was doing crafts w/ my boy! lol)...I chose to go ahead an dye them myself b/c the thought of Jude+dye equaled bigfatdisaster in my mind! So on Easter Sunday...we all got up pretty early...got our tummies fed...packed up and headed over to my parents' house. We decorated the eggs w/ Sesame Street stickers and opened up our basket (sorry Em...next year girlfriend! Momma has your basket a'waitin!). Then we "practiced" hunting for eggs (all 4 of them) so that Jude would be ready for the big egg hunt w/ DLo's family. Jude was funny...not really wanting to waste his time w/ the eggs (after all, there's a whole PANTRY full of yummy stuff!)








































































We came home for naps...which gave me just enough time to pack up the car again for our annual Easter picnic w/ Derrick's family. This is our 3rd or 4th year getting together...Derrick's brother's inlaws...Derrick's sister's inlaws...and all of Derrick's aunt/uncles/cousins/grandparents join the fun! Now...it's been "fun" the last 3 years...but this year was just above and beyond fun! Maybe it was watching Jude run around and play w/ his cousin, Braylon...or snapping pix of the girls blowing bubbles....maybe it was talking "Twilight" w/ Brooke or attempting to play badminton w/ Brooke and Janae (for the record...I'm actually pretty good at it!)...I dunno what exactly it was...but this year was TOTALLY fun! We played games...we ate food...we laughed at Jude rolling down the hill...it was all great! Can't wait until next year!!! (Maybe...just MAYbe we'll get MY parents to come out!)
(These are all the grand/greatgrandkids...minus Jaylon, Beaver 3.0, Emme and Logan 2.1- little did we know that Braylon's gunna be a BIG BROTHER!!!)

3 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

1. I LOVE the bunny ears on Emme....hwo long did she leave those on?

2. The cutest pic EVER is the pic of my Jude carrying his basket!

miss you TONS!

The Breaux Family said...

Oh WAIT! I love that I am not the only one that didn't get my Easter pics up for a few weeks!

Mary said...

GREAT PICS! You have such a cute family!! Jude and Emme are too cute for words!!