1.19.2011

...10 things...

I was tagged a while ago by Violet...but TOTALLY forgot to fill my list out...until I saw Jaime's updated blog.

Here are 10 Things You MIGHT Not Know About Me:
(although...to be honest...while making this list...I feel like EVERYONE will know ALL of these!)

1. I am a Celebrity Gossip Guru. There is rarely a time that I don't know who an actor is...or what movie they've played in...who they've dated/dating...or what "secret" gossip is being said about them. It's sad...but true...and I love it!

2. I'm really not an outgoing person. Although I can say that I'm a Thespian...and was heavily involved in Choir in HS...I really really really don't like attention being drawn to me! I mean...I can be the "life of the party" if I have to...but I would rather be at home...reading a good book or watching a movie by myself/w/ DLo!

3. I am the ultimate cyber-stalker. I am alot better about it now...but pre-kids...I could spend hours and hours and hours on the computer looking for/at people's profiles. People fascinate me...their lives, their extra-curricular activities...who they know...who they know that I know... It's all so intriguing!

4. When I was in the 5th grade...I had to get this spacer thing in the roof of my mouth... my dad had this little key thing that he had to put in the contraption and turn...and it would push my teeth apart to open up that upper jaw (I had or was going to develop an underbite). It was seriously so painful...and felt as if my nose was going to break off my face...and it caused me to have THE HUGEST gap in my front teeth. I was mortified by the whole thing...but my teeth look great now!

5. I feel like I spent much of my childhood conflicted. I was always trying to fit in...and yet also trying to do my own thing. I hated that. I felt as if I didn't have any friends...which...I probably really didn't. I always felt an internal battle whenever I'd make a decision to fit in that caused someone else pain...and 9 times out of 10, I would go back and rectify it the next day. I tried to be my own person now...not relying on society or whatever to dictate who I am or what I do...but sometimes I fail.

6. I never imagined what life would be like. I never dreamed of my wedding... or my occupation. I never had a "perfect guy" in mind (other than Zack Morris or Dylan McKay or even Uncle Jesse)... or pictured being 30. When I was a senior in HS...I remember thinking that life must end after I threw my cap in the air...b/c I didn't even know what college I wanted to go to...or what to major in. I can say...that God already had my path planned out...and I am so blessed with the decisions that I made...and didn't make...b/c I have the perfect life for me.

7. I don't go to bed without Derrick. There have only been a handful of times since our howevermanyyears of marriage that one of us will go to the bedroom to sleep without the other. I mean...I'm sure DLo would/could...but I can't. If I wanna watch a movie or tv show and DLo is tired...he'll stay up and watch with me until he passes out on the couch. Or if DLo wants to play a video game...but I am half dead...I will sleep on the floor next to him until he's done and ready to go to the bedroom. I really don't understand why I'm like that...perhaps an only child thing? But I literally can.not. sleep if he's not there. And if he's "out" but coming home late...I typically will stay in the bedroom watching tv until he comes home...b/c I just can't sleep w/o him! It's nutz.

8. I am SO not creative. I mean...I really really really want to be... and I really try to be. But I'm more of a copy cat. And it makes me sad!

9. I would LOVE to move to a different state...except...I love Arizona...and I couldn't bear being away from my parents...and I wouldn't know where to move...and...and...I dunno. I also would LOVE to move to a different country...but once again...I can't imagine not having my children see their grandparents on a weekly basis!

10. I'm very excited to grow older. I can't believe that I'm already 30 years old...and that my life is unfolding so quickly before me...I can't wait to say that Jaime and Vi and Linds and whoever else and I have been friends for a million years... I can't wait to reminisce about all the random things we'll have gone through... I can't wait to sit on the porch and watch our grandkids run around... I can't wait to see how Derrick will look when he's 50- handsome, I'm sure... I can't wait to see where God directs us... but... but at the same time... I'm so sad to see how quickly it's all happening...how quickly my babies are growing... knowing that one day I'll open my eyes and see some huge young man holding some girl's hand... or my little angel will be wearing makeup or something! ::tear:: Life is short...even for those who live to be 100... I wanna cherish these days!

Okay...so...now I'm tagging 3 people... Love, Katie, and Tamara. :)

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I, too, had a spacer! Dreadfully wicked device. I had it in 9th grade though... with glasses... and REALLY short hair. Can you say nerd?

Tamara Wilkins said...

.5 You never caused me pain. You were a GR-8 friend!!!!!

Violet Conner said...

so great, kim!! i love how much you went into detail on this tag!!

ps....i know Daniel will look amazing at 50, too. I know he will have a head full of hair, but he may be more of a silver fox like Anderson Cooper or something. Which is FINE with me!!

The Breaux Family said...

DANG IT! I am so open with everyone......it would take me 10 weeks to think of 10 things that people don't know about me already! Remember when Manica would ask us to think of something people don't know.....and that was only ONE thing and I struggled!