1.17.2011

...Breaux...

#69 Be reunited w/ the Breaux Family

Oh my word... this one is WAY old...I'm talking...before Thanksgiving old. I.Fail. But...in all honesty...I had totally forgotten about my 101 in 1001 until Jaime recently updated hers! I had been SUPER obsessed with it...and then poof...it was out of my memory!

This is one of my favorite things that I've gotten to cross off. Love, Eddie, and Elijah Breaux. These are some of my FAVORITE people on the planet... (and for CERTAIN my favorite black people on the planet! bahahahaha- I bet some people cringed when I wrote that...but I can hear Love yelling "YES!" right now!) Anywho. Now that I've made people thoroughly uncomfortable!

I have known Love for...hmmm....math...math...math....8 years? I think that's about right... She started off student teaching at the school where I was a 4th grade teacher. She was known as the "mean teacher" b/c of her military "no nonsense" background... The following year...Love accepted a 5th grade position at the new school that my girlfriends and I were also transferring to. I could blog about the comedy of that whole situation...but to make a long story short- that first year, the teachers were all to sign up for a different committee... I thought I'd sign up for the safety commitee...b/c I'll be honest...it seemed like the one that would have the least amount of work! (la.zy.) But...our principal...let's call her... Priss Manica... decided that I would also be best fit in the "Multicultural Committee"...and guess who was also placed in said group? Hmmm. (I never bought the fact that Priss was "color blind"...never. Buahahahahaha) I digress. Our friendship, I'm pretty sure, started from that committee...laughing about how the "colored" girls were SO multicultural! Oy.

Our friendship grew and grew...and soon Love married the love of her life- Eddie. Eddie= quality man. For realz. We instantly loved Eddie...although he judged me and my shady stapling of bedsheets for "faux"tography backgrounds... LOL! And pretty soon...the Logans and Breauxs (do you add an s at the end?! so confusing!) were inseparable...and surely...SURELY every Friday night...you could find Eddie and DLo either 1. talking about music... or 2. playing Madden... and Kim and Love would either 1. be laughing at all the ridiculous people they work with (I will not lie...we did...alot...) or 2. passed out on the couch! buahahahahah! And Elijah...would no doubt be reenacting some Disney movie on our bed! LOL! Sure...sometimes we would be "working out" playing tennis on the Wii (I was so.certain. that Love was going to land IN the television set one day!) or sometimes the Salch family would join us for some cut-throat Scattergories (apple of my eye)... but you could be sure...that no matter what we were doing...there would be a HUGE chickfila chicken platter that the boys (ahem, DLo) would be devouring.

Then.

Then Love and Eddie decided to RUIN my life and go to Japan. JAPAN. Not even Korea... Japan. lol. ::sigh:: So... I've been patiently waiting for their 4 years there to be over... b/c even though we had great intentions to either meet half way (Hawaii anyone?!) or fly over to Japan one summer while visiting my grandparents in Korea...it just never happened...b/c well...I keep having kids!!!

But. Mr. Breaux had to come stateside...to AZ...this past November for some random drama w/ his babymama... and although it was unfortunate that Elijah's mom is...hmmm...not.smart.... we TOTALLY benefited from her retardedness!!! Eddie agreed to meet us up at Norterra for some Logan's Roadhouse (really, you didn't want Asian food???)...which was super generous of his time b/c he wasn't in town all that long...and he drove ALL the way from Gilbert or something ridiculous!

It was so wonderful introducing Eddie to our two kids...I was barely preggers w/ Jude when they left...and chat about all the things we've been up to...It was literally as if it were just any old Friday night (although it was Thursday) hangout...that 3+ years hadn't passed since we'd last seen each other. That- is true friendship! The ONLY thing that could have made it better... were if Love and Elijah could have been there too. ...but they were still in Japan. :(

I dunno if the Breaux family will be back in AZ when they are done w/ Japan...but regardless...this is a friendship that I will always treasure...
(November 2010)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that's such a sweet post. I remember when you were barley preggers with Jude, seems forever ago...right before Jeremy left for Korea!

The life of the military eh? Hopefully you can see your friend soon!

The Breaux Family said...

KIM!!! OMGOODNESS that had to be the best post EVER! I was uber excited to read it...not going to lie...I am going to print it out! Her are my PERSONAL highlights (aka laughing outload so loudly that I scared Elijah when he was eating):
1. apple of my eye!
2. Manica
3. multicultural committee
4. Eddie judging you
5. baby mama drama
6. I ♥ that we are your fav black people on the planet and YES! I did say "YES" outloud!! You know me so well!

I love you guys! Now I am going to go and cry :(

kimbasa said...

oh lovie! i giggled for a good minute when i thought up "manica"...hope she never finds my blog...wait wait...nah i don't care if she does! lol!

miss you guys like coo-cah-cachoo crazy! see you guys SOON though!