4.08.2009

...eleven...

I know, right?! He's 11 months old today!!! What in THE world??? The next time I write a monthupdate- will be on his BIRTHDAY!!! ::WAAAAAAHHHH!!:: My baby boy is growing up... and not only is he just the biggest lil' chunk there is... but he's starting to act like a big boy too!!! I often catch myself staring at him w/ my hand on my hip in a sassy way telling him- "you may be the size of a 2 year old... but you're not in your terrible two's yet, buster!" He's just gotten so much personality lately...and by personality- I mean- he knows what he wants and doesn't want and DANG IT you'd better be on the same page as him! LOL. I love it though- I really do. Let's see- he's been pulling himself up really well...and now he walks along the couch or will walk w/ us if we hold his hands- except- he gets bored of it real quick (as in- the first 5 steps) and demands to crawl! He gives kisses like crazy- which I cannot get enough of- and sometimes when I tell him that I love him- he'll automatically give me kisses! ::sigh!:: He's finally saying "dadadada"- for a while he'd only say mamamamamam or babababababa or apapapapapapa but no "dada" and while "appa" means dad in Korean- DLo informed me that it means nothing to him since he didn't grow up hearing it. ::scowl:: So- I put Jude through "'dada' bootcamp"!!! He is funny too he faux talks and it's just great! We were at a "reunion" the other day- and I was holding Jude and he was babbling- and I would respond back by mimicking him... and I realized one of my friends looking at me- and just said- Yup- this is what I do ALL day!!! And... I love it! I've been "planning" his party for a while now... meaning- stressing over it. W/ the 9million people in DLo's family... kinda limits the amount of friends we can invite w/o being overly crowded.... unless I throw a family party and a friends party... but then it's like... he's ONE...do I really have 2 parties?! And- I don't want people to feel like they need to bring gifts and stuff... so. I'm kinda... not knowing what to do! Never really threw a party for my child before- ya know?! :D I digress!



Jude-
Mommy and Daddy love you so much. Words cannot express how blessed I have been to be able to watch you grow from this tiny lil squirmy smoosh to the lil' lover that smiles when you see me in the mornings- saying "mamamamama" and smacking me on the face w/ your fat lil' fingers! I LOVE every-single-second of it... You are growing up way too fast... I feel like every time I blink- you're learning something new... and I know that one day- I'll be staring at my grown boy thinking the same thing... I love you, son. I pray that you will have a passion for the Lord and will do mighty things for His kingdom... I look forward to watching you continue growing... I just ...wish time would go a wee bit slower... :)
-Mommy

3 comments:

Amy said...

cute, cute...I love the monthly pics. They are so fun to see him change! Sounds like Mr. Jude is going to be walkin' soon. First birthday parties are about family... not really all about the baby b/c they have no clue! Have as many parties for Jude as you want...its a special time for everyone!!!

The Breaux Family said...

WHEW! You made it through ONE whole year -- CELEBRATE!

Stacey said...

He is so adorable! I know I've said that before but it's so true.

Don't stress about the par-tay! He will never remember who was there and who wasn't. You've got to just do what you feel is best for you guys and the birthday kiddo.