I got this book at the book fair this year... I'm obsessed w/ getting books for Jude. We read to him every night before bed...and several times during the day... Right now, Jude is in LOVE w/ books that have flaps... you know "peekaboo" books. He usually just tries to eat all other books...but he's getting alot better at turning pages and actually looking at the pictures on his own. Anywho. I fell in love with this book from the first page... and recently, DLo has discovered the book and loves it too... he recently said that it almost brings him to tears to read... so... I thought I'd share it...
HOW DO I LOVE YOU?
by Marion Dane Bauer
illustrated by Caroline Jayne Church
How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love you as the sun loves the bright blue days.
I love you as the bee loves a fragrant flower.
I love you as the thirsty duck loves a sudden shower.
I love you as the bird loves a song to sing.
I love you as the waking bear loves the smell of spring.
I love you as the cat loves a sunny sill.
And as the dancing snowflakes love the winter's chill.
How do I love you? Let me tell you how.
I love you as the nest loves the sturdy bough.
I love you as the sea loves the sandy shore.
And as the ancient world loved the dinosaur.
I love you as the wind loves its own sweet sound.
And as our friendly Earth loves to spin around.
I love you as the moon loves each shining star.
I love all that you will be and everything that you are.
Another book that is great for slightly older kiddos like this is I Love You the Purplest by Barbara M. Joosse.
4.29.2009
...How Do I Love You?...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Harrison has another one by the same author/illustrator called "I Love You Through and Through", and it is by far his FAVORITE! I'll have to pick up this one too!
Hmmm Elijah's favorite book is The Magic Tree House series - all of them - he has read them all! Hmmmm not quite as touching as Jude's fav book at all...but you know Elijah!
He is in to the Cam Jansen series now! HE LOVES a mystery!
Thanks for sharing...that looks cute! I'll look for it! We have one called Mama Loves You that is similar and very cute too! I agree that I'm a bit obsessed with books for Jadon, but I can't help but just grin when I find him all by himself in his room with his books spread out all over. I love listening to him "read" the books too...it's so cute. Right now we are loving the Froggy books and Non-Fiction about Space & Planets!!
Post a Comment