5.20.2009

...Jude's BirthDAY...

I know...It's like a week and 1/2 late...but I had minimal computer time in TN AND I was sick AND I've been boycotting life this week while getting better and taking care of DLo and getting readjusted to home life! :D

So. Jude's birthday was super fun. And. Super stressful. What was I thinking planning a party on the Fri before we leave to go on vacation?! AND. What was I thinking having his 1 year check up on the day of the party?! Oh my. Well. Everything worked out. We took Jude to his 1 year check up in the early afternoon. Jude is a healthy and tall boy.

After the appt, we went to Arrowhead Mall so that Derrick could get a stupid hat to grab lunch. We left after some grubbin' and shoppin'...DLo and Jude were so cute walking to the car- they were playin' and havin' a good ole time. Derrick got Jude strapped in and was walking to the driver's side of the car when we heard a loud noise and pebbles came flying at our car. Now. You don't mess w/ me or my family... who in the WORLD is throwing junk at my husband?! I happened to look up at a couple parked across from us getting out of the car (as the pebbles are flying)...and I see the husband say "Did someone get in an accident???" And that's when I notice that it's not rocks...it's GLASS. ?! Long story short. You shouldn't store gas inside your car....not ever...and especially not in 105degree heat. Genius. The back window of a car three cars down from us blew out. There was SUCH a strong smell of gas...I was afraid the car was going to blow! I'm thankful that no one got hurt...especially my boys- since we walked by it not 2mins before... and I feel bad for the genius who owns the car... b/c the entire interior will need to be replaced...

We left the mall to pick up the cake...which was GORGEOUS and worth every penny... Even Derrick was impressed- which usually he just let's me go on w/ these grandiose ideas and secretly makes fun of me... he was so impressed in fact...that not 5 mins into our drive home...he sticks his finger in it! (to his defense, he thought it was fondant- the cake lady was THAT good at making the buttercream look smooth!)

The party was great. I guess, from what I've heard, it was a success. I wasn't sure...b/c I've never thrown a party w/ quite that many...children. And I quickly realized that my house is SO not kid friendly yet. For starters, it's about the size of a CrackerJacks box...so...we were cramped! And... we don't so much have a playroom... something I've been kindly reminding DLo that I had growing up, and would like our kids to enjoy! (I know, go ahead and think me a snob!!!) But. The kids did great...the food was yummy...and the company was the best. My favorite part...was probably the cake time. Not b/c my son is such a "fatkid" w/ his cake... but b/c all the other kids were SO anxious for me to get the cake cut and passed out!!! Hahaha! I'm obviously a rookie at these things!!! :D

Thank you to all of you who celebrated w/ us! Your friendship means the world to us!


2 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

How man times did you vacuum after everyone left?

Love you!

kimbasa said...

haha! only once!!!! although- i did have a DOOZY of a time getting all the cake off the tile!!!