Wow. My twin cousins, Sarah and Stacy, just graduated from HS. I. Cannot. Believe. It. It was seriously only yesterday that I was carrying a picture of those two waiting for them to come off the airplane from Korea to live w/ us in the US. It was only yesterday that we'd swim in the pool and I'd give them "guided tours" of the backyard and pretend that sharks were getting us and then yell "고모!" (Gomo- means aunt) at the top of our lungs for my mom to get us towels! It was only yesterday that my mom would babysit them and they'd accompany me to my piano lessons and then the 40min drive to church singing "Egg is cooking, bulgogee is cooking- lalalalalaaaa!". And it was only yesterday that they'd freak out when my mom would tell them the police were going to get them if they didn't finish eating their Chicken Nuggets- only to have a group of cops walk in for their lunch! HAHAHAHA! It was 11 years ago that I was graduating from Westview...and here I am...at UPhx Stadium...watching those two lil girls receive their diplomas. What. The. Heck.
The ceremony was nice and short. Guess it has to be since UPhx Stadium had FIVE graduations lined up that day!!! DLo was not able to join us- inside that is- as he was late AND had a zillion balloons that my mom ordered us to buy!!! (No balloons allowed in the building) My mom, dad, and I got there 20mins early...and the comedy started right away. Dunno if you know this...but Asians like to brag. And my dad...he's a lil bit Asian at heart. So...here I sit w/ Jude...my camera...and the diaper bag...sweating bullets....while my mom is saying (quite loudly)- "ooooh Sarah/Stacy- they be smart- they have 3 things by name.... oooh...so smart." And then my dad responds (who is losing his hearing and speaks almost louder- sorry dad, but it's true) "YEA, I COUNTED 4 OTHERS WITH 3 STARS." It. Was. Awesome.
Anywho. Stacy did an honor speech. She did a great job. I was completely nervous for her...but she spoke very well. Her speech was hardcore smartspeak...and it was a little hard to hear, but I was all KINDS of proud! I'm also proud b/c this fall, Stacy will be attending Cal Tech and Sarah will be going to Cornell. ::sigh:: My girls are growing up! :(
Well...the BEST part was after the ceremony. Finding the twins amongst the zillions of people...taking a bunch of ridiculous pictures (ridiculous b/c the groups of people in the pictures made NO sense)...and the parking lot situation. Seriously?! Even when you go to a Cards game w/ the parking lot PACKED, the exit is smoother! Long story short-when there are a million cars trying to get out of ONE exit.... you're inevitably going to have people try to cut. That's fine. I'll let one or two of you go. But. When you BOTH cut in front of me at the same time...and then fight over the spot in front of me- b/c you're both idiots and won't just let the other in front of YOU.....then....you deserve to get your car scratched by the other. ...These two cars both cut in front of me at the same time...but would NOT budge for each other...the kept getting closer and closer...and I guess the touched. The man in the truck freaked OUT! It was comedy and ghetto all rolled into one. The older lady in the car was rude and told me to go to...places I shall not go to when I asked her to pull over like the truck to have their "youhitmycar" ridiculousness...instead of parking her car in front of the line of cars (that she cut). Oy. It was awesome...and I totally took a picture of them...b/c they were super cool. :D










2 comments:
How come Jude is 1/2 as big as the twins? ARGHHHH it really bothers me to no end t hat I haven't been able to kiss his toes or rub his belly and squeeze him!
I saw them at a piano recital recently and had no idea they were your cousins! That is too weird. What pretty young girls and very talented with music. It was great to hear them play. So cool!
Post a Comment