Okay- So...I'm trying to get into couponing...I've been diligent the past few weeks snipping the coupons out of the wed/sun paper...but I gotsta tell ya....I just don't seem to "get it"...I def. need to figure this out b/c I wanna save $$$ on the bagillion dollars of groceries I buy...I guess I need to do more research...but for now:
Top5 things I don't understand/frustrate me about couponing:
5. Do I need to go to a million stores to buy things???
4. What exactly IS double/triple coupons?! Like- if I have 2 coupons of the same thing??? Or just one coupon and the store doubles the savings???
3. Why does it seem like it's going to take a LOT of time out of my already jampacked life?!
2. Does Costco ONLY take Costco coupons?!
1. Why do the coupons expire so soon?! There's no way I'll buy all this stuff by then!
I'm praying that by this time next year...I'll be blogging pictures of my receipts with oodles of savings...but until then...::greatbigsigh::
7.06.2010
...coupons coupons everywhere...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
5. No - sometimes 2 or 3 but not every week.
4. Some stores double coupons all the time (Frys) up to $1.00. So if you have a .40 coupon it is actually worth .80. If you have a .60 coupon it is worth 1.00. Stores sometimes will do a "every coupon worth $1" weeks as well.
3. Once you figure out a system it doesn't.
2. YES!
1. Some do some don't.
There are lots of different organizing systems. Some people don't clip coupons every week but keep the inserts, organized by date and only clip as needed. This may work for you may not.
Bookmark this site: http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=5448f3e0329bd4cc71339c78c98b06b0&f=20
See how each store has a link for each week. Click the link for Bashas, then were it says "current week".
You'll get a list of everything's sales price that week, if there is a coupon for that item and the total price after coupon. Each week I will scan through that list and see what is on sale for REALLY cheap. That's when you buy it.
They way to really maximize the couponing is to order multiple copies of the Sunday paper. We get 3 because most stores have a policy of only 3 coupons for the same item. (Or at least they will only double the first 3.) So everytime something is cheap I'm getting 3 of it.
Here's a good "newbie" document:
http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=35a8fba6e3cc81420c26d47f53a1b3b6&t=119239
Let me know if you got questions girl!
WOW! Julie's comment was helpful and I don't even live in America!
Post a Comment