7.16.2010

...potty emergency!!!...

#37 Potty-train Jude

So. I don't think I'll be crossing this off quite yet...but I wanted to fill you in on our potty-training adventures...

Mr. Jude LOVES being in his undies. Every single time he sees them, he points and yells "BUUUUUHHHH!" He totally "gets" it too. "I pee on the toilet." He knows what it's for and what to do. He pees EVERY.single.time. I put him on the toilet. ...however... He's not consistent at telling me when he has to go! The only time he pees on the potty is when I take him- which is about every 30-60mins. Oy. I think he's told me all of three times in the past 3 weeks that he has to go "sheeshee" or "peepee" (he likes to mix it up to keep mom on her toes!). ::sigh:: I know he's pretty young to be potty-training...but 1. let's be real- homeslice's booty is getting too big for those diapers and 2. he WANTS to wear undies!

My biggest "EWWWWWW!" in this process...isn't so much having pee around the house- b/c he doesn't usually have accidents- maybe one a day and it's usually little and usually b/c he's pooped in his undies and a lil pee comes out! ...which leads me to the biggest "EWWWWW!" Poop in the undies. Jude has pooped on the potty a few times...but he doesn't want to sit there after a pee and try to push one out. Then- about 10 mins later...I notice a lil lump in his booty. Just.Nasty. The first week...Jude would forget about the diaper v. undies situation and carry on his merry way...which means...squished poop in undies- which is the ultimate nastiness. But now...he poops just a lil bit and then kinda stands there or waddles to me...it's an improvement...and usually only gets a lil on the underwear...but still makes me vomit!

I always tell Jude...before putting on undies...and after peeing...and anytime he's pooped himself- "Don't peepee or poopoo on Buzz!" And I quiz him...(which is UBER cute since he's been answering so many questions lately) "Do you poopoo on Buzz?" J-"No! (shakes head vehemently)" M- "What do you say if you have to go potty?" J- "Mama! I peepee!" M- "And where do you go peepee and poopoo?" - at which Jude will point to the toilet. M- "Yup- we go peepee in the toilet." ::sigh:: I know he's gunna "get it" soon...I can feel it in my bones! :D

**note: Do you see the ghetto-fabulousness of the truck in the background of the picture? The ducktaped towel over the truck's basket thing??? Yeah...Jude likes to have his "friends" go on rides w/ him...and they kept slipping out- so dad MacGyver'd that lil beauty! LOL**

1 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

I ♥ that his undies are Buzz undies! I did notice the duct-taped fix! Pretty awesome.....hey whatever works for you! Jude is amazingly smart.....he is so ready to be potty-trained! Love you guys!