1.21.2009

...dinner plans...

So. I love staying at home. It is THE greatest decision I've ever made. And...although it would be nice to have money....it's even better knowing that my son is w/ someone who loves him- ALL the time! But. It HAS been hard to not have money... (God has been good to us)... so. DLo and I have come up w/ a dinner plan...to help us save some cash flow on food! I like to call it "Gilmore-ing it"... What? you ask? Well. In the show "Gilmore Girls," Rory and her mom go to her grandma's house every Friday night for dinner. So. DLo and I...for the 3rd week in a row...have finagled our way into dinner w/ my parents. It. Is. Fantastic! Not only do I not have to THINK about cooking...but I don't have to pay for it either... benefits us! AND my parents get to see Jude... benefits them! It's a win-win situation (or if you watch "The Office"- a win-win-win situation...) Anywho. Thought you would all like to know what cheapskates we are! ;) No....in actuality...I'm loving spending so much time w/ my parents. It's one of those things that I feel I took for granted when I was in college and living at home...and the beginning of our marriage. Time is short. I'm glad to see them weekly...I'm trying to be more diligent in talking to them a few times a week too... (It was kinda ridiculous how close we live- and yet how weeks would go by w/o us seeing each other...) I just wish DLo's parents lived closer... but I'm going to make an effort to scam dinner see them more often too!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Yes! That's one of the great things about having parents in town. I mooch off... or, rather see, my parents at least once a week. Last week I got breakfast and dinner from them! Love you mom and dad!!

The Breaux Family said...

There is nothing like FREE FOOD! Those are like my two favorite words!

Amber Hann said...

we definitely did that this week after reading this blog. Called my mom and said "we are going to be in town... can we stop by for dinner?" (We live 50 miles from our family so we can't do it more often haha but it was great!!)

Amber Hann said...

question... how do I change my layout without losing all of my sidebar information or having to add my bloglist again??

Stacey said...

It's always great to have parents close by! We live a couple blocks from mine and love it! Enjoy your time and dinner with them :o)