So. I dunno if it's like this for all Asian kids... but... I'm PREEEETTTTY sure that if you have even the smallest bit of Korean in you... it's a requirement for you to play the piano at some point in your life....
I began playing when I was about 4 or 5. I figured my mom would try to get Jude started at 3 or 4. I had NO idea she was going to start so soon...
It was so cute...he LOVED hearing the sounds..and he'd look up at the sheet music like he just knew what it was there for...and every once in a while, he'd move it, like..."someone turn the page please!"... I don't think Jude knows the trouble he just got himself into...b/c when I expressed interest in the piano- it was like... MY LIFE for 12 years! Poor kid.... but...maybe, unlike me, he'll keep up w/ it and actually be good! ;)
Here's a video of the pianist in action... you'll note that my mom is jabbering excitedly in Korean in the background!!!
1.21.2009
...right of passage...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I had lessons for a year or so when it was determined I had no talent in that area whatsoever. Hope he makes it! I really enjoyed the shrine to you on the top of the piano.
WOW Jaime!! I totally was thinkig abotu the 'shrine' comment too!
So cute! It was so nice of the piano to invite Jude to its wedding... :)
Post a Comment