Okay. So. I decided to do a blog blitz of all the things that happened in Dec. that I didn't get a chance to write about IN December! Let's see... (and yes...it will most likely be a long blog, Jaime!!! haha)
Tennessee
The month started out in TN. We left for this trip on the 1st and returned on the 7th. I was super grumpyface about the trip...being that I was going to be 33/34 weeks pregnant with a LARGE toddler that was going to be in our laps (yes, we were too cheap to buy him a seat...if we don't gotta, why should we?!)...and the fact that we'd just gone in May...but...it was a "7th Heaven Family Vacation" (which is what I call it when ALL of DLo's family goes on a trip) so I had to suck it up! Jude was the perfect traveller. Wish I could say the same for all three of the toddlers who we travelled with...but Mr. Braylon was NOT having it! I felt super bad for Niki and Jerrod! Our arrival at the airport, for me, set the precedence for the rest of the trip. You see...I'm super anal. I know, shocking. I have a spreadsheet list of everything we bring...and I usually do all the packing. I'm pretty good at getting all of our things in one bag...the problem is: ONE of the three of us likes to over pack (any guesses?!)...and there's THREE of us...so usually, depending on the length of the trip...we can't pack under the weight limit. Well...my precious husband wanted to take some of the weight off my shoulders- since I'm a million years pregnant- and offered to pack while I cleaned the house (b/c I cannot go on vacation until my house is immaculate). Secretly...he wanted to prove that he was a "better packer" and could get it in one bag (since I was insisting we needed two). Anywho. Long story short...the man used a scale...but didn't listen to me that the scale is not going to be accurate...and when we got to the airport, we were like 6lbs over. Now...I'm not joking...we took out all KINDS of things and shoved them in random carry on places...and the scale would NOT go to 50lbs! We had to have taken out 15lbs worth of stuff...and at one point the scale went UP after we took stuff out! WTH?! The annoying part...was that the skycap dood wouldn't even help! He just saw us both struggling and saw the amount of crap we took out and saw that the scale was not budging and did nothing...oh...not to mention that I'm carrying my 30lb kid and my 30lb belly. Ugh. Finally...with the scale pretty much STUCK at 52lbs, the man let us "go".
::sigh:: Anyways. After a layover, we finally land in TN...and board a 20 passenger van...which was SO hilarious trying to get the 3 carseats in- especially since we had to use the seatbelts instead of the snap things...
It was a lot of fun seeing Grandma/Grandpa Logan's reactions at seeing the 3 great grandkids. I was very glad that they got to have that experience. But...man...I've got to tell you...being in a house with ALL those people for seven days...no bueno. (Derrick's parents stayed w/ Derrick's Aunt/Uncle down the road- that is another long story that I need not write out b/c I will surely NEVER forget) Yes...the three "kids" and their spouses and kids stayed w/ Grandma and Grandpa Logan. They have 3 spare rooms...but only 2 beds...so they got an air mattress...and guess who got to sleep on THAT bad boy? Yeah. Me. Somehow...the other two families thought it would be acceptable to make the pregnant lady sleep on a bag of air. Hmm. 1. Yes...I was pretty ticked about it. 2. Yes...I'm still a little bitter 3. Yes...I plan on bringing it up to my sisterinlaws at some point 4. Yes...I'm sorry if you are reading this now and discovering that I'm not over it. 5. No...I didn't feel it appropriate to bring it up the last time I saw you...seeing as it was CHRISTMAS. But...yeah. After the first night...I mentioned it- blatantly- b/c I'm me...and that's what I do. No apology...no offer of- take our room...just "oh...we didn't know it was an air mattress!" ...REALLY?! really?! Really?! Come on people- you're not dumb! I mean...I would understand and not complain if...say...I wasn't 8.5 months pregnant...or...say...if both of you girls had never been pregnant and didn't understand how uncomfortable it is to sleep on a REGULAR bed...but...I thought it was RUDE and inconsiderate...and...I love you...but that was really SUCKY. ::deepbreath:: I digress. So. Needless to say...I didn't get very good rest. So. That combined w/ the fact that Jude has trouble sleeping in a packnplay...and that I got up to pee every hour on the hour...and the fact that people are LOUD...and that I'm very much an only child that is not used to a million people crammed up in my business...and the fact that apparently Jude is like his mommy in that he also doesn't like being around alot of people...and that it was cold, so we couldn't let the kids go out and play...and that there were THREE toddlers that we were always constantly watching...and that some people don't mind their children the same way that DLo and I do...and that we just all have different personalities and different priorities...made for a REALLY cranky Kimbasa. I was SO stir crazy too...not having left the house until like the 2nd to last day we were there (not that I didn't try!)
Now...I know that was a whole vomit of debbiedownerisms. I don't want people to think the trip was a waste... it just...wasn't the TN trip that DLo and I are used to. We go there to unwind and do NOTHING...we just failed to change our expectations- knowing that there were going to be qua-bloople of us! There really were good times too! Especially the day that we woke up (mighty early b/c of Jude, I might add) and it was SNOWING! I guess they're not used to much snow in Cleveland...and what snow they usually get doesn't stick...but this day...it stuck! Not that it was THAT much snow...but when you've been raised in the West Valley all your life- you get excited just to see it so WHITE out! :) We had fun that day bundling the babies up and taking them outside. I'm pretty sure the "bigkids" had more fun- what with the snow ball fights and the races down the hill! I had fun being the paparazzi with Derrick's dad...and was thankful for being pregnant so that I wouldn't get tackled in the snow (hey...I'm tall and nonathletic and I have a farther ways to fall!)...
I also had fun learning a new game: Farkle. It's a dice game...pretty addicting actually...and of course, they have it on Facebook...so I find myself playing ALL the time! The 6 of us had a fun time playing Farkle during the kids naps...or when they were finally to bed...I did pretty good my first time playing...I got 2nd place! Niki, however...lol...let's just say she is the FARKLE queen! :) We put together a puzzle one night too...which the obsession for puzzles started at Thanksgiving...and believe me...I become obsessive compulsive about it. As a matter of fact...the girls all left at one point- giving up on the grassy area that was a BEAST to figure out...but I stayed true...and worked for an hour by myself until at last it was complete! Once I start...I can't get up until it's done! But...I've got to say...my all time favorite night was going to pick up a million things of cinnamon rolls at the Walmart (yes, they are ghetto in TN too...just more of a WT/hick ghetto) and then picking up dinner at Fazoli's (which...we ate at like two or three times b/c they are all closed in AZ!). The comedy started from the very beginning...it was Kevin, Jerrod, and myself (I got to get out b/c that was the day that I was REALLY losing it!)...at the Walmart...pretty much...Jerrod was cracking us up by randomly stopping and having conversations that we didn't really understand...then at Fazoli's...they ran out of the "baking" dishes...but then got some right as everyone ordered...and our 2 year old cashier was all a'fluster when they changed their order...and then I ordered something for DLo "togo" stating I'd pick it up before I left, but would pay now...and THAT got people confused...oooh man...too much time has passed...the memories are cracking me up all over again (you really just had to be there!)...then on our way to the car...Kevin found an "Under Armor" glove by the trash can...and Jerrod HAD to have it...and put it on...the comedy continued on the way home...when Jerrod started singing a "Carlson" song (referring to Carlton from Fresh Prince)...and then was bummed that we didn't stop at Mr. Zipps for a Monster drink (which he exclaimed as we were passing Mr. Zipps...not knowing he wanted to stop!)...then there was some singing...followed by Jerrod's random mumblings about "the place Grandma almost died"...and the 4 deer we saw driving up the hill back to the house. I videoed the entire drive home...and...it still makes me tear up laughing! Like I said...you just had to be there!
Other moments I enjoyed included...hot chocolate...millions of cinnamon rolls...hiding out in our room w/ Jude...when the air mattress deflated- as I was laying on it...boycotting with Derrick...White Christmas...and listening to stories of Jerrod, Niki, Tori and Kevin's RDH experience! LOL! Good times! But...let me tell you...I was GLAD to be home!
...Especially b/c the night we came home...AZ decided to have a crazy storm...I mean...CA.RA.ZY! I don't like flying...at all...a little turbulence is okay w/ me...but mostly...I just want to get to where I'm going. This, folks...was turbulence like I have NEVER in my life experienced. People were crying...vomiting...awful! There was a moment when the plane hit such a big air pocket (or something!) that we dropped...FAR! I've had times when the plane has done that before...but I LITERALLY thought the air masks were going to come down! I yelled "SUCK!" too...kinda...slipped out, ya know?! DLo even hit his head on the top...and I also became airborne! It was the longest flight ever! We were shaking like crazy...and all I kept thinking was...I'm going to give birth! I was holding Jude, who was sleeping- and remained so the ENTIRE time! and clenching my body to keep from rocking him...needless to say...I was in some PAIN! I must give it up for the pilots though...we landed flawlessly- which I did NOT imagine happening (in all honesty- I imagined us careening off the runway and spinning out- it was THAT crazy). As we were stopped at one point...looking out the window...it looked like the airport would blow away...and the wind was so strong that the plane was totally rocking back and forth- eep! I thought it was just in my head- like when you are on a cruise ship for a week and try to walk on land but still feel like you're on the water- except...it was REALLY the wind! We learned from one of the pilots (as DLo was waiting for one of our gate checked items) that if we could not successfully land the plan that first time...that we would have had to deflect to Tucson b/c we wouldn't have had enough fuel to circle back and try again. Nice. I guess there were 4 planes that did that very thing right before us. Yikes! The airport was pretty dead...which was good...b/c I had to walk REALLY slow...too much pain! :P The drive home was scary too...my dad came and picked us up...and we almost blew away a few times! But...alas...we made it home- safe and sound!



Santa
When we got back in town...we took Jude to get his annual picture with Santa. It was so funny seeing all the kids being dressed up and looking fancy in their Christmas clothes just to take pictures of some fat old guy...but...it's a tradition that I started last year...and will continue until Jude gets tired of it (you know...when he's like 18). We had been teaching Jude that Santa says "ho ho ho"...and so I felt he at least somewhat understood who Santa was...but as I watched the kids...one by one...being sat upon Jolly Old Saint Nick's lap...and then WAILING for their parents...I began to worry! Er...what if Jude freaks out?! So I made sure to point him out to Jude and make him look at Santa and say "hohoho" a few times... When it was our turn, Jude wasn't sure what the heck was going on...and...he didn't like that we were walking away...but mostly...he was like "whatever!" He was VERY serious in the first two pictures...and that's when the genius dressed up as Saint Nick decided to say something to Jude...the third picture is my ABSOLUTE favorite...Santa looking down at Jude and Jude looking up at Santa. It was at THAT point that Jude realized where he was...and began telling Santa his life story and smiling. Unfortunately...he had taken his 3 picture quota and it was time for us to move on! (But still...my kid was the cutest of all those in line, I promise!)

Wildlife World Zoo
The last time I took Jude to the zoo was in October. All my teacher friends got together with the kids and took them to the Phoenix Zoo. Jude wasn't so much interested in the animals. This time...I had a coupon for buy one get one free for the WWZoo which is right down the street...and I was excited to pack in as many "mommy/daddy/Jude" dates as possible before 2.0 arrives. I thought...surely...time has passed...Jude is older...he loves dogs now, so he's gunna TOTALLY love the animals at the zoo. Not. So. Much. He had MORE fun trying to "help" push his stroller...and throwing fits on the floor...eating some of the dirt...and riding on daddy's shoulders. It was WAY sadtimes. Even sadder was that I was completely not enjoying myself b/c the walking around was super duper painful! :( Aww well...there's always next year, right?!
Christmas
Is it just me...or...did the Holiday Season seem soooo muuuuuch loooonger when we were younger than it does now?! I mean...dang! I even put my decorations out SOONER this year...and it STILL felt like I blinked and Christmas was over! :( ::sigh::
Christmas was fun this year...just as a whole...Derrick and I had been SO excited to celebrate with Jude this year. Jude was so cute too- he was an angel and didn't mess with any of my decorations- minus a couple of ornaments that had guitars on them...and it was adorable hearing him say "Wwwwooowwww!" everytime the tree lights were on...or driving around looking at lights and seeing him looking so intently out the window. :) Loved it all! Next year will be so fun too...we'll have a 10/11 month old AND Jude. Wow. Just wow.
Anywho. Christmas with the Logans was fun...as was with the Rackleys. It's always nice going to my parents house for holidays though...b/c there is one kid to a million adults...so Derrick and I usually get a chance to take a break and take a nap!!! :D Literally, at one point...my uncles and aunt and parents took Jude outside for like 2 hours or so! Wow! :) It was also nice to see my cousins...who were home from CalTech and Cornell...was disappointed not to talk to them more...but was still great seeing them and hearing how much they are enjoying the college life! :)
OUR Christmas was fun too...Derrick and I actually woke up before Jude did...and woke him up by singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" to him. He was a little befuddled...but enjoyed our lil song regardless! We brought him out to the tree where we read the Christmas Story from the Bible and then opened up our prezzies! There weren't a whole whole lot of gifts to open (after all, Jude is not even two and doesn't know what's going on...and we really don't want it to be about presents anyway!)...but we had fun being a family! Jude especially loved his "newtome" schoolhouse tent that Auntie Leslie gave us...it was the first thing he ran to...and was so cute seeing him peek his head out the window! :) The big hits, though, were in our stockings- which are by FAR my favorite things to dig through...b/c they are always filled with the most random things!!!! Mine had some Lysol disinfectant spray...NEO To Go...and of course...my celebrity trash magazines (along w/ some other stuff too!)...Derrick got a lot of candy (b/c that's all I can ever think to get him...I'm not as clever as he is, apparently) and some new cologne. Jude though...his stocking held all his FAVORITE gifts: Elmo slippers, Elmo toothbrush, and a Mickey Mouse recorder! I love love LOVE that he always wears his Elmo slippers...and the Mickey recorder...yeah...that broke abbbboooooout an hour afterwards b/c Jude got so excited that he chucked it across the room...but he still blows on it! LOL...I hope I can find one of those bad boys again...best dollar I spent! :)
Anywho. We are truly blessed. And it was fabulous getting to spend time together.
70 My dad is 70 years old now! SEVENTY! Out. Rageous. It's weird that he's in his "sevens"...which means that I'm close to being in my "threes"...lol. Time sure flies, doesn't it?!
The entire family (the Logan 3, my mom, uncle/aunt/twins, other uncle) gathered at Olive Garden to celebrate! It was pretty funny...for several reasons. 1. We saw the Walthos on a cute little date...they sat across from the room we were in... 2. I felt like we were an Asian invasion! 3. My mom- being ever the hilarious woman- kept telling my uncles and aunts how cheap OG is b/c you can ask for as many soups or salads as you want. Um...they took it literally...I think each person had at LEAST two if not three or four soups. It. Was. Hilarious. I felt SO bad for the random wait staff that would come check on us...or just any random person that would walk by- as they would be asked for more soup! LOL. I, myself, always eat two...b/c it's SO yummy...and it's always fun to have left overs. 4. Sarah. My cousins are like stick thin. And anytime we have dinner or lunch or whatever...they barely have anything on their plate. Homegirl ate two soups AND her entire plate of food. I guess she can officially be catagorized as a starving college student now! :)
Anywho. It was a great time and SO nice to celebrate the birth of such an AWESOME man! Happy Bday, daddy!
Big Boy BedFinally...Basically this whole time...I've been in denial that I'm so close to giving birth again. I had little time markers set...that helped remind me how close I am... First...we were going to DLand for Derrick's bday...then Thanksgiving...then going to TN...then Christmas...then...it's GO time! ::eep:: So...basically...I spent alot of time cleaning out the baby's room and getting rid of stuff and such. The only thing the room was lacking (besides decor...and paint...and bedding, etc) was the crib. Now. I refuse to buy another crib. I mean...Jude is big for his age...and isn't going to be in HIS crib for THAT much longer...so...I planned on moving Jude into a bed and giving the crib to 2.0. The trouble was...figuring out WHEN to do the transition! Do I do it before the baby comes? Well...what if it's too soon? Do I do it after the baby comes...closer to when we're ready to move the baby into his/her own room? Well...what if that's too late? I opted to do it sooner than later...b/c I figure...he's too young too have an opinion on the crib being "his" crib and feeling like the baby is taking it away from him.
So...on the 28th (after my dad's bday dinner)...we decided...today is the day. We took the crib apart...and set it back up in 2.0's room...then we put the bed (a twin size) together in Jude's room and got his room set up "bigboy" style! Jude did a FANTASTIC job. It was like...nothing at all had changed! Didn't fuss...didn't gripe...didn't care! I had a great time trying to sleep that night...watching him in the video monitor like every 5 minutes! He slept a great 11 hours that first night...and when he woke up...he realized that he could turn the light switches on and off if he crawled to the foot of the bed...he loves this (still).
Since that first night...Jude didn't want to nap that first couple of days...but he's since gotten over that. He does have his own funny routine- after I leave the room...he has to turn the lights on and off a few times...and open and close the door a few times before crawling back up to the pillow and passing out. He doesn't do it ALL the time...just depending on exactly how tired he is! Jude's been waking up slightly earlier than normal too...which is KILLING me (but 7:30am isn't THAT bad...I just want to sleep as much as possible before 2.0 rocks my world!)...and just a few days ago...Jude discovered the gap where the guard rail doesn't go quite to the foot of the bed...as a matter of fact- the gap is juuuust the perfect size for his little legs to dangle over for him to hop off the bed. I was surprised one morning...I thought I saw light coming from the kitchen...adn then the door to our room swung open and Jude yelled "DADAAAA!" LOL. And ever since then...he comes to our bedroom every morning to wake us up! (It's been super early this week too...b/c he's been sick and hasn't been sleeping very well) I'm teaching him though...that when it's still dark in the house...it means it's still "nighnight" time...and he's been going back to bed w/o fussing (granted...I'm sleeping in his bed w/ him...just to make sure he goes to sleep!). Hopefully...once he starts feeling better...adn getting more and more used to the bed...he'll sleep in until 8:30am again! Until then...I'm sure I'll be on pins and needles making sure Jude is actually coming into OUR room when he wakes up...and not wandering the house... We actually bought a baby gate to put at his bedroom door for the day that he chooses NOT to come straight to our room. ::sigh:: He's growing up too fast!
Well...that's about it. I know it was a SUPER long blog...but as I've said before...I blog for me...to remember...and I've just been busy (as you have read) and tired...and haven't had time to write several smaller blogs! :) Hope you enjoyed!
1.09.2010
...December...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment