So. I chose to do a new 101 in 1001. But...with a twist...nothing exciting...I just figured I'd blog about whatever it is that I completed when I complete it...that will perhaps give me some accountability to actually DO the things on my list! I mean...I guess I did "ok" with the last one...I did more than 1/2 of the things on my list...but this is more fun, no?!
#73: Have a garage sale 
Well. We've lived in this house for 6.5 years. Wowzers...It makes me giggle to think back to those early days- the newlywed days...when we both said we'd only live in this house 3 years before moving...yeah...little did we know the housing market would go berserk and screw us over! Thankfully we moved in at the perfect time...and we're not completely over our heads in this little tiny (falling apart- that's Beazer for ya) home...AND- it is a nice size for us...for now! :D
It's also funny to think back at those early times at how much we didn't have...and how hard that was for ME to not have a furnished house. We had a bed...but no bedroom furniture- our nightstand= the floor.... we had a handmedown couch from my parents- which comfortably seats 2 people (seats, not lounges)- and currently resides in the playroom and matches to a T our dart board!... we had a handmedown table- you know the kind: glass top, brass support, blue chairs= wayyyyyy late 80s/early 90s!!!- we handed that down to my aunt (which she loved!). Yup. That pretty much summed up our house! Granted...we had our clothes...and a whole bunch of gadgets that we got for our wedding!
And now...well...while it's still a work in progress (isn't it always?!)...we definitely have filled it with our share of "junk"...I mean..."treasures".... I try to make a habit of cleaning things out and purging every once in a while....but I've never had a garage sale of my own...I dunno. It's kinda awkward when the people of the community an recognize you...not b/c they necessarily "know" you...but b/c you (and now your spouse) work practically IN the community! (Meaning...I don't want to be selling my stuff and hearing a little kid yelling "MRS. LOGAN!!!! Is THIS your HOUSE?!" Ew.) So...for the past 6.5 years...most of our "treasures" go to the Boys and Girls Club...but...with 2.0 coming here soon...I had to completely gut out the room that he/she will be residing in... Now. The room was originally supposed to serve as DLo's "music room"...but our dirty little secret is that "music room" was code for "junk room". Pretty much...if we didn't know where to put it...it went there! I stored my Christmas decorations there...and DLo's guitars...and my photography gear...and a slew of National Geographics (which- does anyone want them?!)... so...yeah. I had a lot of creative reorganizing to do! And in the process...I had bags and bags and bags of clothes or "stuff" to get rid of. Well...today...as I am typing...DLo is outside trying to make a little 2.0 fund out of our treasures! LOL. I dunno how well it's going...compared to the garage sale down the street...but it's leaving my house regardless! :D
1.09.2010
#73
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment