#3 Read the Bible every day for a year
Well, my year is not yet complete...I'm only on Day10...but I've been doing good so far. Two years ago, our church did a series called ROUTE66...and basically encouraged everyone to attempt to read the 66 books of the Bible in a year, spending time w/ God by journaling and reflecting. Derrick and I started off great...but then in May, we got a lovely bundle of joy...and I'll be honest...there were few days after that that my Bible was picked up. We tried again last year...but much the same...we'd do really good for a month, then life would get crazy and the Bible would be put on the back burner. Isn't that awful?!
Anywho. This year...we're going to do it! Well...at least I am. This year I turn 30. Thirty years of my life have come and gone...and I honestly can't say if I've ever fully read the Bible from start to finish. I know I can DEFINITELY say that I've not spend "quality" time with God every day...and that is just not acceptable to me. So. How am I going to accomplish this?
Derrick found this site called YouVersion. You sign up and choose a reading plan...there are many to choose from. From there...you select your reading plan and log in to do your reading (it totally pulls the passages for you and even has a "completed" box to check when you've finished reading it!). There is a little graph that shows you how much of the years reading you've completed (which gives me cheap thrills) and you can set up an email accountability partner(s) as well. There are 41 different translations in 22 different languages. It's pretty sweet...and...to top it off...there is an iPhone app for it as well...so I can do my reading ANYwhere I have my phone!
Anywho. Check it out! :)
1.10.2010
#3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love that youversion sight... thanks for posting it. I have signed up and chose a reading plan... but sadly enough have not started it. :(
Cool! I'm glad you like it! I love it too... we are doing the Life Journal Reading Plan...I forgot to mention that... :)
Anywho- I like that you can put whatever start date you want...that way...your year starts when YOU want it to start!
Post a Comment