#55 Get Beazer to fix our house!!!
So. Derrick and I were thrilled to purchase our first home. We were so blessed to be able to close on our house just days before our wedding (literally- four days before!!!). Over the past 6.5 years, we've managed to make our house a home...
...but
Wow. Are we ever disappointed in Beazer Homes. I don't know if it's because we bought at the beginning of the housing market frenzy and they were eager to pump these houses out as quick as possible...or...if it's this plot of land that DSummit is built on...or...if BHomes just super sux. But....we've had SO many issues with our home. The long and short of it: we have horrible drainage and our walls are falling apart. I'm not talking normal cracking...I'm talking- we can't even close our bedroom door anymore b/c the wall has shifted so much. ::sigh::
So. After years and years of warranty phone calls...and years of either getting the run around or having them fix the issues "cosmetically"... Beazer is finally going to do something...I hope. We had a rep come out today and take pictures/make notes of our issues. Of course...they try to blame some of it on us, but I'm standing firm... We will hear back from them soon on what all they'll be able to do...and what we'll just have to deal with...but from the sound of it...most of it will get fixed! :) Yippee! (I'll blog on it more when it happens!)
1.27.2010
#55
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
It's the land you were built on. My Mom is an agent and I remember prior to them building there her and her co-workers were talking about the fact they were going to build on wetlands (it's were water used to drain) and how much of future damage that can cost to homes.
I really hope you get your home fixed, it's their fault not yours.
I remember when we lived over there (almost 5 years ago) that there were homes being jacked up and complete foundations being redone etc. I saw at least 3 or 4 - can't remember exactly what area/builder it was. Keep us posted!
Let me know if you need a giant white girl to stand by your side!
Yeah! Jonathan doesn't call them "Sleazer" for nothing....
We had problems with our first home... it was Beazer! My parents also built with them and had issues. I would fight for them to help you out though!
Post a Comment