2.19.2011

Day2

A picture of you and the person you have been closest with...
















Well...I mean it's obvious that I'd be "closest" to Derrick...so I chose one of my girlfriends! There are a few other people I could have posted a picture of myself with...but I heart me some Jaime!

The first time I "met" Jaime... I didn't know that she was going to be a member on my 4th grade team. Actually...we didn't really officially meet... just happened to be at the same place at the same time. It was the summer before my first year of teaching. I was so jazzed to have my own classroom to decorate that I think I was there a month before school started to get everything ready. Good thing I did...b/c the teacher who had the classroom before me was OBSESSED (understatement) with cows. OBSESSED. To the point...that her rewards system was "cow patties"... and her bookshelves were painted white with black spots. Um. Yes. These were the bookshelves that I found awaiting all my precious books. Um. Yes. and Um, no thank you. So... I hunted down the Principal's secretary to ask her (beg her!) if I could paint them... b/c there was NO way I could teach with moocow shelves all around me!!! So... there I was... explaining that the shelves "hurt my soul"... while this little blonde girl is waiting her turn behind me. Apparently she went and told her then- BF, Jonathan that some random big tall chick said something hurt her soul... I'm sure she thought I was bizzare... LOL! :D

I'm so very thankful for Jaime. I don't think words will ever express that enough...

1 comments:

Jaime said...

ahhh... I just saw this. I LOVE you! You brighten my world. :)