#76 Read 50 Books
Hmph. So. I read this book b/c it was one of a STACK of books Miss Linds gave me. Oh my word! I mean. It was interesting. The book is based of the classic story of Beauty and the Beast... but with a modern twist. It is written with teens in mind for the target audience. Can I just say... if I was a teenager...or even a preteen... I would have felt that my intelligence was GREATLY insulted! Boy oh boy! The author, Alex Flinn, writes the way I would have in the 5th grade. And I wasn't that great of a writer! She tried too hard to be hip and cool...but her sentences run flat and have NO depth whatsoever. It was sometimes painful to read... but... I was interested in reading it since the movie is coming out soon... and I was thankful that it was, at the very least, a quick read. She has two other books that follow the same idea of classic fairytale gone modern... but... I think I'll pass.
2.24.2011
...Beastly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
HAHA! Yeah, I read it in a night when I was nannying over the summer. Glad you read it though. I can feel like I got a little bit more for my purchase. I actually liked the Sleeping Beauty one a bit better, but no worries if you do not want to read it. Just trying to share my book wealth.... :)
Post a Comment