2.17.2011

...The Lovely Bones...

#76 Read 50 Books















Well. I've read 8 out of the 50 books (nine if you count that I read Mockingjay twice!) I'm working slowly but surely! It's been alot more difficult to find time to read once Emme became mobile...

Anywho. Hmmm. What to say about this book? Hmmmm. Well. I didn't like it. Not even a little bit. I wanted to read this because I've been wanting to see the movie- but wanted to read the book first. It's a story about a young 14 year old girl who was brutally assaulted and murdered on her way home from school. This tragedy rocks her little neighborhood and tears her family apart. The book follows the dead girl, Susie, in her afterlife...as she watches what unfolds on earth. It's creepy, really, how much she sees and who she watches. She so desperately wants her murder caught...but being a ghost or whatever she is kinda makes it difficult to do anything about it. ...but then...sometimes she can be seen...I.don't.know. It was all gruesome and sad and looooong! And I was bummed at the ending... I had some awesome ideas of how it should end... but I had more WTH moments than anything else! Blah!

I hope the movie is better...

4 comments:

Violet Conner said...

I feel bad that you didn't like this one. The movie was good,but it will make you cry. I did like the book.....I think its because I am all dark & twisty inside....=)

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Aw that sucks you didn't like it. I liked the book more than the movie. Alice Seabold also has a book called Lucky that's also dark grim but a true story about her experience with her own assult and rape.

I do have to say hard topics to write about but sad and grim.

kimbasa said...

It wasn't that I completely didn't like it... but it was SO sad and dark... I found myself thinking about it all the time... just an uber depressing book!