11.09.2008

...the big 1-0...

So. Ten years ago today....Kim Rackley and Derrick Logan started dating! I can't believe that we've been "together" for so long...it's amazing to think back to that night when I received the phone call that would lead me to this path that I've been cruising along... For those of you who's never heard the story- and I promise to make it short... I called Derrick on his 18th bday...and told him that I liked him... I was a bold one, I was! We went to the same HS and I'd "known" him since he was a freshman (I'm a year older...) but we didn't become friends until my senior year...when I was in the musical Godspell and Derrick played the drums (major hotness, btw) for the show. I started crushing on him right away...but couldn't tell a soul!!! I'd never had a boyfriend before...and there weren't that many guys that I thought had 1/2 a brain to date! Anywho...I called him on his 18th bday...there were alot of awkward giggles...and when the conversation was over....he CALLED MY BEST FRIEND! LOL. Who does that?! He wanted to confirm w/ her that I liked him. What a dweeb! He made me wait FOUR days before calling me back and "asking me out"... LOL. Good thing I liked him so much!!! Our first date was on Veteran's Day. We have this thing w/ holidays- we'd broken up a few times during the 10 years- and each time was on a holiday...the first being Valentine's Day -(nice one DLo...I'll NEVER let you live that down!) ...the second being Father's Day- which is a stretch, but it WAS a holiday... and the third was on St. Patrick's Day LOL- AND we got married on the first day of Summer... yeah, we're strange! Anywho- We went to the movies for our first date...HORRIBLY BORING movie- The Siege... it was one of those- walk up to the ticket booth and pick a random title to see- yeah, don't do that for your first date!!! I can still remember what we were both wearing!!! The awesome part...we left the movie early b/c it sucked and Derrick had another obligation w/ his grandpa...and my tire was flat!!! (Oh, yeah, I drove b/c I had a new car! LOL) I'd never changed a tire in my LIFE! Luckily, Derrick knew how...but I honestly didn't think he was going to call me back after the wretchedness of our evening! (mid-day I should say!!! lol) Fortunate for me...he did call me back!!!

So... I think back to the past 10 years...and...I can't help but crack up laughing. We've been through so much together...grew up together...and now we get to grow old together. I'm so in love with you, Derrick...you seriously are perfect for me!

Things I will NEVER forget:
*our first date...
*the corn maze...
*Bug's Life and holding hands...
*our first kiss (that Jason and G spied on...)
*Friday nights @ Jason's...
*Milo...
*20 questions while watching Forrest Gump
*random notes on cars (why aren't we that cute anymore?!)
*sky diving...
*whipped! LOL...
*our dock in GL...
*tortoises at the PHX zoo...
*visiting you at Lee...
*your graduation party...
*cleaning up your graduation party...
*the picnic in your truck...
*getting pulled over...
*the circle K by your grandparent's house- and driving all the way down to bring you your keys
*Sonicflood LOL..."in the secret, in the quiet plaaaayace..."
*OC Supertones...
*millions of hours on the phone...
*when you first said "I love you" (and meant it)...
*our bench at the park by your parent's old house...
*San Juan
*Disneyland (how many times has it been?!)
*that wretched yellow blazer...
*the accident in the Horizon...
*the Batman ride
*Megan, megan, megan, megan...
*the first time you took me to that restaurant w/ the gondola ride...
*Prescott w/ Jeromy, Debbi, Shay, and Tori (LOL for multiple reasons!)
*OG... which btw, we NEED to go to soon before the pumpkin cheesecake disappears!!!
*buying your new guitar...
*confronting "Cin"...LOLOLOL
*breakups and notquitesobrokenup...
*the day that you proposed...
*the day we were married...
*the day you told me I was pregnant!!! LOL (read the archive for an explanation)
*the day you told me "it's a boy!"

Derrbear,
Gosh...I feel like there are a zillion memories in my head...I think we'd both be mortified if I listed them all!!! Our life has changed so much since November 9, 1998...in a lot of ways we are completely different people than we were. The past six months have been especially different...and sometimes hard on our relationship... but I want you to know...that I love you so much more today than I did yesterday...I fall so much deeper in love with you- even though I may not show it- everyday! I always knew that you were it for me...I just don't know what I did to be so blessed... (even when you do drive me nuts!!!) You know that I believe you are perfect for me...I am so thankful that you've been in my life these past ten years....I can't wait to see where God leads us in the next ten years...
I love you...
-KimmyPooh


Okay...you can all stop making the gagging sounds!!! Here are some pictures for your delight...my apologies at the ghettoness...I didn't feel like ripping them out of my scrapbooks to scan, so I was SUPERlame and took a picture of them...and then I got ADD and decided to hurry and write the blog, so there aren't THAT many to enjoy... but- here they are nonetheless- Please note how SUPER skinny Derrick was- LOL!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am a sucker for old dating memories and photos!! what a great blog!!

The Breaux Family said...

WOW KIM!

I thought you were going to keepit short!? ou two are so cute....

Stacey said...

How fun! I love the pictures. Even though I don't know what half those memories were about, I loved reading them. Happy Anniversary!