Un-be-lievable. My boy is six months old today. He is half a year old. What?! And...the boy who decided to come late into the world...is trying to grow up...too fast!!! He has grown so much in the past month...changed a ton. His personality is coming out, too- and he is a funny little dood! I just love him to pieces! Let's see...Jude:
*has 5 teeth now- 3 on the bottom and two coming in on top...
*shakes his head at his daddy whenever his daddy whistles...
*rolls over from his tummy to back...
*and back to tummy- if i hold his butt up for him!
*grabs and attacks everything!!!
*drinks from a sippy cup...
*eats ALL kinds of solids, but hates squash (who can blame him!!!)
*has a wonderful bedtime routine and now can sleep on his own w/o being rocked (but I cheat and rock him sometimes!!!)
*sits up (which he's been doing for a while...but he doesn't fall over anymore....)
*has a "bigboy" carseat...
*has outgrown (in length) his swing...
*bounces in his bouncer like a crazy boy (except that he hates it after coming back from TN)...
*watches cartoons w/ mommy (I know...mommy of the year award...)
*has an incredibly LOUD and high pitched squeal...
*plays on his own...
*makes himSELF laugh- (what the heck?! I still can't seem to get him to laugh!!!)
*smiles and flails his arms when he sees me in the morning or when daddy comes home from work...
*grabs and pulls your face off- it hurts...and he doesn't seem to understand when I explain "that hurts mommy..."
*reaches for his friends (and sometimes, that includes pulling their face off too- poor Riley!!!)
*bathes in the "bigboy" bath seat instead of the lil tub...
Ugh! I always feel like I go blank when I'm writing these lists!!! There are so so so many other fun things that Jude is doing...I just can't think of them all right now! Maybe b/c I'm really tired...hmmm. Regardless- he is just the light of my life....I'm so blessed to have such an amazing son- and to raise him with such an amazing husband....I could not ask for more...Dear Jesus,
While I am a selfish and whiny and undeserving woman- you have blessed me with such a precious gift. Thank you for trusting me to be Jude's mommy...and thank you for the partnership that I have with Derrick in this life. Please help Derrick and I to be a light and example to Jude. Give us wisdom and patience. Help me to always remember that his little life is in Your hands...I know that he is on loan to me in this world...I promise to take good care of him. I pray that Jude will grow to know You and serve You. I pray that he will live a life that is pleasing to You. Thank you, Lord...for my son.
PS- Yes...his shirt does say "Future Ivy League Student"...his halmoni would be proud!!!
11.08.2008
...six...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Happy 1/2 Birthday Jude! You're the most adorable little boy. It's fun watching you grow and change!
Post a Comment