So. I'm TOTALLY embarrassed to even blog this...but...I can't let Katie and Jaime be the only ones to blog about it- especially since I'm the one who got them hooked....
Twilight.
Back in September, I was sitting in Barnes&Noble while waiting for Best Buy to open so I could pick up my WiiFIT...Jude wasn't really into the 15 books I had set aside to read him, so I decided to walk around and find a book to buy for myself...it had been a while since I read a good book, so why not?! I came across the "Twilight Aisle" and thought...hmmm...I've seen alot about these books, I think I'll buy this... (honestly, I wanted to know what all the Facebook Flair was about- there are like a zillion that refer to the series...) I didn't have high hopes...I just figured I'd read the first stupid book and be done w/ it. My girlfriend Amy had read the series...and when she saw the book laying on my counter, she immediately started gushing about how I was going to love it and to call her when I fell in love w/ Edward. Yeah. Whatever.
So. It's the middle of November...and...I cannot get these books out of my head!!! I've read the entire series twice (there are 4 books total) and I think I've read the first one Twilight, like 4 or 5 times. I mean. I'm TOTALLY embarrassed by this admission...I mean...I'm embarrassed that I've read them period, let alone multiple times!!!!!!!! But. I love them. I heart Edward (don't tell Derrick!- yeah right, like he doesn't already know!!!) I mean...it's not the best piece of literature...but something about the series...I can't pinpoint it...you just start loving the characters (all of them) and I dunno- oy, gushing..... I mean...it's a love story...a vampire love story...what?! What is my damage?! But like every gal that I know and has read them- LOVES these books!!!
So. Before you judge the whole weirdness of the vampire love storyness...check it out....read it...and then IMMEDIATELY tell me when you fall in love w/ Edward! b/c you will!!! (And read it fast b/c the movie comes out next week!!!!!) Speaking of movie...totally going to the midnight showing...and dragging my gals w/ me...and we bought shirts...Yup. THAT dorky! (I love you Amy, Randa, Jaime, Katie, and Kristin- sorry that ya'll have to work the next day- suckas!!!)
Sigh. That was theraputic!
11.13.2008
...ome...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
sigh...
I actually called a girl Alice today.
LOL! That is THE best thing ever!!! :)
So...I was reading my this post...and I wanted to clarify...
The books aren't dirty!!! They're written by a mormon chicka from AZ. It's just embarrasing b/c they're written for teenage girls- and yet...here I am...clearly not a teenager, but feeling like one w/ my crush on a fictional character!!! :) You just hafta read them!
They might not be dirty, but I can make them that way in my mind :-)
must admit...I am a Twilight stalker too! My sister-in-law got me hooked on them. I read the first 2 when we were on vacation together in June. She was reading #3 at that point, but wasn't done so I had to wait to get #3 until I came home. Then, I actually went to the B&N Release Party to get my book at midnight(Breaking Dawn Vampire Proml..teenage girls running around in prom dresses...so embarrassing to admit) when #4 came out. I read the last book in about 2 days between naptimes and bedtimes. Jason felt so neglected....
Link to Twilight Jewelry...
http://twilightseriesjewelry.com/
WOW! You ALL are going crazy!! I love it!
OK - YOU know MY boy LOVES to read. Bryson is talking about wanting to read this series and I thought it may be too mature - I don't have time to power through them. Too many Texts books for my MS is psychology and all my leisure books lately are on "marital stuff" lol. OK - my sister's Teenager read them and she LOVES them - good to know that they are not "that kind of mature" - lol. What do you think - would Bryson be OK - he has read everything else in the library. LOL LOL. He did read the Ink Spell series - Weiss gave him that one and I trust her. (I am not against letting the boys go to James Bond movies - so for a conservative and careful Mom - I can be real when I want. LOL I am such a wierdo.)
I just read about these books on another blog. They sound like they must be great but I'm just not sure.
Post a Comment