(I told you there would be a million blogs today...)
So. I didn't vote for Obama. I'm just going to throw that RIGHT out there. I can yap about my reasons why...but that would cause a mini-rant that I do not wish to go into. So. One of the things that have been irritating me is all this "Yes we can!" and "Change!" mumbojumbo that's being said by...just about everyone who supported Mr. Barack. Now. Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to see some change happen. I would love for our nation to be run "right"... but... I'm not going to hold my breath. Now...I do have to say... I look forward to seeing what President Obama (first time I've acknowledge that- not gunna lie...) has up his sleeve. I hope that he follows through w/ his many many promises. My beef today is not w/ him... my beef is w/ people- Obama people to be exact...
So. Yesterday I had a photoshoot and then DLo rushed Jude and I out the door to go over to some BFFs house to watch the Superbowl. He was stressing out b/c it was 3:15pm and we still had to stop by the store to pick up meat and drive a million years to get to the house. We got our grub and exited I10 on Estrella Pkwy. We waited for the 1st light after the offramp to turn green- it is now 3:50pm. The light turns green....but we're not moving.... about four cars in front of us, a car has stalled. Now. I understand... It's the Superbowl...the Cards are playing...people are always in a hurry...blahblahblah. But. Really? They're stuck. Help. Them! So...the cars in front of Derrick hurried to get into the next lane to pass.... and then we were directly behind the car. It was an older man...driving a white bug (haha!)...and it is obvious that he doesn't really know what to do...his wife is in the car w/ their two doggies..... Help. Them! So...I told DLo that I was getting out.... (I have a thing for elderly men- they have a huge place in my heart- even the grumpy ones)...but of course, DLo had already opened his door and proceeded to assist the guy. Another car that must have been several cars behind us stopped too and a guy got out to help Derrick push the car to the Walmart. So...yes...at this point I was annoyed at the world for not stopping and helping (I mean...what if that were MY dad?...what if it were YOUR grandpa?)...and I was also annoyed w/ the world for cutting them off as they are pushing the car w/ the sun blazing on their backs! Whatev. I digress. (and I haven't forgotten about the Obamite's) So. They push the car into the Walmart parking lot. I'm driving behind them and the other dood's chicka is driving behind me following. There's another impatient chick who tries to pass us- she sees the situation and backs down- but the FIRST opportunity she has to squeeze by, she ZOOMS past the guys. It is a GOOD thing I didn't get out to help...I would have made her run me over...ugh. My beef. I was already disgusted w/ the lack of compassion and humanity (which, believe me, I know I'm not perfect at...) but I was EVEN more disgusted as the chick whizzed past us and I see her "Coexist" sticker and her "CHANGE- Obama" sticker. Seriously? Seriously? You vote for this dood b/c you want change change change.... and yet...you couldn't stop to help these peeps? You were in SUCH a hurry to get 5 feet into a parking space that you have to speed past them- potentially hitting one of them (oh- and I double dog dare you to hit my man...b/c then it would be ON!)...
So. While I'm just upset w/ how we as a human race are so.... self-centered?! I dunno what the perfect word would be....I'm especially upset at the Obaman's. Now. Before I get a lecture....let me assure you that I know I am generalizing people.... but majority of our country voted him in...so I feel slightly justified in doing so.
Anywho. I pray that God will help me keep perspective...I mean- maybe ALL those other people had emergencies that they HAD to get to- I dunno. I also pray that God will help ME to have compassion on people- both those in need and those I think are too "dumb" to help those in need. Ok. Rant over. :D
Here's a picture of my man...I'm proud of you, babe!
-Gandhi





5 comments:
That's great that Dlo stopped to help out. My hubby and I have done this a time or two! Just feels good to help someone out and show them the Love of God, doesn't it?
Was Jude wearing Cards gear to show his support on Sunday? We need a picture!
Great post, and I have to agree, I read it out loud to Wes and he said we seriously have too much in common. Had to laugh but also sigh, because I am slightly upset and greive stricken over the depravity of the human race when it comes to having enough kindness, and love for another person to help them out or to recognize the sanctity of life. We must smile and pray, pray, pray! Thanks for making me feel like I have some company in my thoughts!
Oh girl, don't get me started! I am SO with you on this and have catalogued far too many of my own examples. I could go on forever about the selfishness and overblown sense of entitlement that so many Americans have.I love that we have friends that "get it" and make a difference. Next time we break down, I hope you and D are behind us! :) We'll do the same for you!
Glad there are others there that are w/ me!!! :D
OK, so I have this idea for a political t-shirt... Don't steal it, but I thought I'd share.
Picture this:
-A small, black and white photo of our new president centered on the shirt
-Across the top of the shirt... "Obama-nation"
-Across the bottom...
"Abomi-nation"
What do you think? Do you think it would sell??
Later, -a
Post a Comment