2.21.2009

...single parent...

So. Derrick was gone all week at a conference in TX. That left me to be a single mommy to Jude. It's not the first time DLo's been gone...but it's the first time he's been gone when Jude has a personality- you know what I mean- he's not a newborn blob that just lays there! Anywho. Wow. Props to you single parents man... By Friday, I was ready to cry! I just needed a break...someone to watch JW be fussy while I ...just disappeared for a while!!!! DLo got home late last night...I'm SO glad he's home...and I'm looking forward to "getting away" next week!!!

Well. We had quite a busy week, Jude and I, without our daddy. We got a lot of stuff done...and I'm very proud of my boy for being pretty good with mommy! (Although, he has been boycotting a nap each day...which mommy does NOT approve of!) I have to thank my girlfriends for being so awesome- especially my HT gals, Eileen, and Lindsay... I would NOT have survived this week w/o you! Let's see... Eileen came over Tues night for ladies night... we ate lots of junk food and watched our vampire boyfriend... Wed- I had lunch w/ Cortney and watched the boys play, then dinner w/ Amy and the girls before HT... Thurs- So. I'm a wee bit outrageous (dunno if you knew)...and decided to do a project while DLo was gone... paint Jude's room. Nutz. But...w/ the help of Violet watching Jude in the morning, my dad running out and getting more paint for me in the afternoon, and Lindsay playing w/ Jude in the evening- I got it ALL done!!! I pretty much rock. j/k... seriously- all props go to those gals for watching the boy while I finished! So now his room is pretty much complete...just have a few more decorations for the walls! Then Thurs night, Amy A. came over for Grey's night (our weekly date)... Fri was survival day for me... I just... had to get through the day! Our day consisted mostly of mommy trying not to cry...Jude doing the crying and the not sleeping thing... and cleaning! I cleaned when Jude took a nap... a short short short nap... and watched the Office Season 4! But... Friday was ALSO the day that Jude started crawling for the first time!!!! YIPEE!!!! The cutiepie has been up on all fours for a while now...and has been a champ at going backwards...but forwards was always difficult for him. Well- yesterday morning, I decided to try to get him to come to me...and HE DID! I couldn't believe my eyes...and just started clapping and cheering....and sobbing! HAHA! I couldn't stop crying...I was so proud of him...and so sad to see him growing up! It happens way too fast!!! (Here's a video of him crawling...it's towards the end...and it's not alot...Jude seems to know when mommy has the camera out... hmm)


Anywho... Derrick finally got home at like 10pm or so... I was SO glad to see him...I really did miss that man! I'm very excited to spend next weekend w/ him and the boy! PTL for days off!!! :D Anywho- here are some pix of JW's room...

8 comments:

Julie said...

Cute, cute new room. LOVE the color. And don't worry, parenthood is filled w/ lots of teary days :-) Is he still on two naps? Is he perhaps ready to go to one nap? It's been so long since my kids were that age. It seems early still but I'm not sure. Just a thought. Perhaps consult some other baby moms :-)

The Breaux Family said...

GREAT ROOM.....that's like a Trading Spaces room! LOVE IT! I especially like it b/c it's not super kiddy ya know!?

To Julie above: I am going to hang on the comment made above for the next 6 months "parenthood is filled with lots of teary days"

kimbasa said...

Thanks Julie! I think the color may be too dark... the decor doesn't "pop" anymore... but I still think I like it... I'm not sure about the one nap thing... I think that's not supposed to happen until 16-18months... it's quite depressing!!!

Love- You are so silly! I purposefully made it "not kiddie" so that I could use the decorations for a guest room or for when he's older! :D You'll be fine... 6months will fly by...remember- I'll be praying for ya! :D

Jaime said...

Love the room!...and that's my only lame comment.

Amy said...

Jude's room is super cute...I like the whole "Nautical" theme.. From the pictures the white looks really crisp and "pops" (especially the white letters!)

Sorry about the nap thing...I think that sometimes when they are reaching milestons (like the crawling, walking...) that is kind of messes with their sleep...at least it did a bit for Jadon and some other Mommies I know. Jadon dropped to 1 nap around 14 months...it was hard a first, but then it really opened up time to do things in the morning. It will work itself out...

:)Glad to hear you had some helpers during the week!

The Orona Family said...

You made it girl! I knew you could (and I'm sympathizing with you- this is my week to play "single mom") Amy is right, the nap thing will work itself out. Like I said, little D went through a weird phase like that, but eventually he went back to napping for a while before he switched to one nap a day (which actually turned out to be a blessing once I adjusted to it) :) You are a wonderful mommy! So glad you're getting a break this week- you deserve it!

kimbasa said...

Thanks Amy! I really like the white w/ the blue too! :D

Eileen- I can't believe you have to be single mom during your bday week! What the heck?! When does he get back???

Stacey said...

I know it's frustrating when they're not taking naps when you want. It does get easier though. Jacob started doing the one nap a day thing around 13-14 months. Maybe he's sleeping too long in the morning and then just can't do it again in the afternoon.

I love the new room color! Looks like you did an amazing job. You're a great Mommy!