Ha. b/c for me... spring break is EVERY
3day
3...0..0.
233333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
That was supposed to say EVERYday... but then Jude took over the computer. Nice. He apparently loves the number 3. (Could it be b/c he's the size of a 3 year old?! Hmmm.)
Anywho. I cannot express to you how much I have LOVED my friends being on Spring Break! Best thing about being a teacher- the schedule!!! (Okay, Okay- the kids aren't so bad, either... well... most of them...) I've been looking forward to them being off for what feels like FORever! And I'm already looking forward to their Summer vacation! Anywho- I digress. I missed out on "Park Day" on Monday b/c I was watching Miss Rileyface. I could have braved it and tried to take both kids, I suppose, but that is one adventure I think I'll pass on! And- it was at both kids naptime anyway.
So. Yesterday, I got to run around town w/ Jaime and Zoe. We met up at 10:45ish- battled w/ my carseat (getting it into her van) and headed out to Tempe to drop Hayden off at his dentist appointment. From there we took Zoe and Jude to Peter Piper Pizza downtown to have lunch w/ Jaime's parents. Now. I'm not gunna lie.... what has happened to PPP's?! Why are they always infested w/ the towns finest people? Hmmm... could have been the $5 all you can eat Pizza/Salad buffet? IDK, but the place was packed! Anywho. Next stop was to Hobby Lobby where we got a bunch of supplies to create some favors for our party on Saturday night. Then to Costco to pick up Jaime's glasses- as pictured to the left- (which...sidenote- do you just love how I'm all into giving playbyplays lately?! What in the world?!) and pick up some random stuff for me. We ended our adventurous day by coming back to my place to put the favors together. Su-perb. They turned out way cute (check back after the weekend for a "party blog")!!! My day was exhausting... and would have been perfect, had Jude not gotten NUTZ towards the end... I guess mommy doesn't take him out enough! I passed out at about 9:30pm- which is WAY early for me... I vaguely remember DLo getting McDonald's icecream- which I had asked for earlier in the evening... eating the icecream- then passing right back out! Sad. Times.
Today, Jaime/Zoe and Jude/I met up w/ Amy and her son Jadon at Westgate. We ate at the sandwich place Which wich? (something like that)... and it was pretty delish- kinda pricey for the quantity of food- but still yummy. Jude ate probably a quarter of my sandwich...there was even a point when I was talking and noticed part of my sandwich gone- it was in his chubby little hands... :D Then we went over to the fountain area- were Leslie and her boys Matti and Brody were waiting for us. Zoe and Jadon got in the fountain while Jude and I went to Fossil to get some new shades for mommy.... Brody and Matti played around while Jadon and Zoe continued in the water... I got Jude down to his diapers and was determined to let him have fun in the water...but the fraid-y cat just cried... I'm thinking he has a phobia w/ spraying water... he hated the ocean, hates showers...and now the fountains. So sad.
So- instead, Jude played in the grass for a while until it was time to go. Before we left... Kimmy had to rescue Matti's toy from the tree... I wasn't tall enough... but I was clever enough- I threw my shoe until the thing fell down! HAH! After a few quick errands to Michael's and The Children's Place... we finally came home for some R&R... too bad Jude decided not to nap- but he's being surprisingly wonderful! :D
Wonder what tomorrow will bring??? (Although- Mommy may need a day of rest!)
3.18.2009
...How I Spent my Friends' Spring Break...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
great play-by-play...lunch was fun-I'm going to have to look into the whole kids eat free day there and probably you need to do the same for Mr. Jude. Now I'm just thinking about how I missed out getting a yummy chocolate shake!
You can venture to Peoria Sports Complex with us tomorrow for the game? We're just sitting on the lawn? Jason's leaving for Vegas tomorrow, so Jadon & I are flying solo, you know aka...single parenting!!!
Hey...I just thoguht of something. We need to pick a day to go to the Children's Museum before Jude's b-day. We have a 3 person pass, so you can come with us for free and Jude is free until he turns 1. They are closed on Mon. Let me know, ok?
Three things:
1. WOW! That really was a play .....felt like I was there!
2. Hmmmmmm is the name of the place Which wich? huh?
3. Jude looks less Asian everyday --- could it be that is b/c he is only 1/4 Asian? Man, he better know how to spell!
Ooops make that 4 things:
4. I miss the heck out of Costco! I have finally stopped going online to their website just to browse....it wasn't good for my mental state!
I love it!... makes me relive it all over again... and then I'll reread it next week while on my prep and long for my days in spring break. I also love that my stomach is sticking out in a rather weird way, and that Zoe's and Jude's heads are the same size. So cute!
Amy- Nice- Kids eat free day might have to become my new "gotowestgate" day! I would LOVE to go to the Children's Museum- I've heard good things about it! I'm free whenever!
Love- yup- it's called Which Wich. funny... I know- Jude's going through the "don't look like mommy" stage. Whatev! and LOL about Costco- you know I'd ship you something if you needed! LOL...
Jaime- oooh- but you'll get depressed if you reread it at school! I know- Jude's head is monstrous! Ugh. We're going to have fun buying hats when he's older!
Post a Comment