3.15.2009

...a walk in the park...

Awww... so. Friday's are probably my favorite days EVER. They always have been... but now that I'm at home w/ Jude... Fridays are the BEST days ever. Fridays are the day that DLo has off.... and... even though there are a million things that we probably should do- like.... fixing the leak we supposedly have in our backyard... or fixing the short in our kitchen light- we'd both rather just spend the day loving on our small little family.

Well. This week has been so beautiful... the weather has been perfect! So we decided to take our little family on a walk to the park. Jude was SO stinkin' cute playing on the playground toys... (which made me cringe a little when I thought of all the icky germs looming- which is funny that I even think about germs... b/c as a teacher, I'd just come to expect germs to be EVERYwhere...but as a mom- germs= bigfatno). Derrick and I had a lot of fun playing w/ him and sliding w/ him (well, dad slide w/ him... mom's derriere is slightly...large) and swinging w/ him.... Jude is growing so quickly...it's hard to believe that soon he'll be begging me to take him to the park... and running around from the monkey bars to the swing. ::sigh- my heart breaks slightly when I think about it::

Here are some pictures of our adventure:

5 comments:

The Hodges Family said...

friday's are the best, I'm with you on that! :)oh my word, Kim, these pictures are adorable. I love Jude's big smile! he's so cute! it was good to see you guys saturday night!

The Breaux Family said...

I love the way his belly sticks out of his shirt in the 2nd pic!

Oh I loved talking to you two the other day --- TOTALLY made my WHOLE weekend!

kimbasa said...

Jess- it really was good to see you guys- Cash is just the sweetest lil' munchie ever! And Mase has gotten so big!!!

Love- 1/2 the pix I have, his belly is floppin' out! We'll have to have Skype dates more often!!!

Amy said...

Jude looks like such a big boy, especially that swing pic! OMG!!!

I'm with you on the germ thing...I'd like to totally disinfect Jadon after I take him to gym Childcare...but I'm getting better about not being so crazy. :)

Stacey said...

At first I had to look and see if Derrick was in a baby swing :o)

It's so much fun to have a family and hang out doing 'family' things together. You got some great shots!