3.30.2009

...bottles and cans...

...just clap your hands! DCB anyone? anyone? anyone? Hmmm. NM then! :D

So. I was cleaning Jude's bottles this morning... and it dawned on me. He won't be drinking formula anymore in a little over a month! I won't need to buy (or have my mom buy, rather) formula anymore! ::tears:: What?! My baby boy is growing up into a big boy!!! ::WAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!:: My heart is hurting just a wee bit.... why does time fly when you DON'T want it to?

5 comments:

Stacey said...

It's hard when you hit that stage or rather when that stage hits you! I remember those days with all three days, I was near tears at the thought. It's tough to watch them grow but each new stage is a new adventure and you're going to love it!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Seriously...you should be SO excited about this! Don't those cans of formula cost like a freakin' fortune??? Now that Jadon is potty trained we aren't buying diapers and it's so amazing, not having to cart that stuff around with you & buy them all the time, so I think you'll feel the same way when you say goodbye to the bottles and buckets of formula. Since Jude is such a great little eater, he'll probably take to milk no problem...Mr. Picky Face Jadon wanted nothing to do with it for like months...he still doesn't really like it. I resorted to warming it up and putting it in a special Bob the Builder cup...insane huh? I was that desperate to get him off the boob and to drink milk!!! Oh but just recently (thanks to the nice ladies at Starbucks who love him) he has discovered Chocolate Milk and that is so yummy...

Instead of feeling sad about saying goodbye to the "baby" days...get excited about the toddler adventures to come... It's going to be great!

Now do dish up on the details of the 1st Birthday Party...do you have a theme going here, what kind of cake is Jude going to smash himself into?

katie said...

I must get the mom of the year award. I am following Willis and am going to start milk here in two weeks. Formula is TOOOO expensive and tommy loves dairy. I don't think we will have a problem.

kimbasa said...

Oh... I do love every stage... it just makes me so sad how quickly they move on to the next one though! It goes too fast! :(

Amy- Yeah- I'm thinkin Jude will drink whatever... when he was sick last week, I gave him apple juice that was watered down... and he drank it fine... and still drinks his water fine too... so... I'm thinkin' he'll be a nut w/ whole milk!

As far as Bday... I'm not 100% sure!!! I'm thinking a Little Einsteins theme... he's not really "into" anything... so... I have no clue!!! Haha- I just know that my momma will be cooking... and I'll probably do one w/ family and one w/ friends... b/c DLo has a million peeps in his family!!!

Katie- BOOO! I'm not going to encourage Jude to grow up any quicker than he already is!!! I figure...I only have a month... what's a month of formula- like $50???