8.08.2008

3

I had to post this picture! How funny is he?! It's like he's staring down his bear! I can't believe it. My little man is 3 months old today. Where in the world does the time go?! Three months ago- I was probably lying on that darn uncomfortable hospital bed...looking over at my new little guy. I will NEVER forget just wanting to stare at him all night...and he was staring right back at me ("who is this tall lady!?!")... I feel like he's been in my life forever- I cannot imagine life without him!

And...what an awesome baby he is! We celebrated his 3 months (and a belated father's day) today by going to the Dbacks/Braves game. I had bought these tickets for Derrick for Father's Day- b/c he LOVES the Braves (who killed the Dbacks 11-5)!!! I was SUPER excited to buy him these tickets- and he was excited to take his son. Jude was SUCH a great little guy. He fussed a combined total of LESS THAN 1minute! He sat and watched the game...napped...ate...watched some more...cooed...oh it was TOO CUTE!

Anywho...Fireworks have always meant alot to Derrick and I...Derrick claims that the first time he realized he loved me was the 4th of July (thus the fireworks)...and we got married late June- and spent part of our honeymoon at Disneyland on the 4th- and you KNOW Disneyland does up the whole fireworks thing!!!! Anywho...since tonight was a Friday...the Dbacks was doing a "Family Fireworks" thing. We decided to stay and watch since it would be a nightmare getting out and to our car w/ all 27,000 people who were in attendance to the game. At first, I wasn't quite sure how Jude would like it....but the kid was GLUED to the show! He did not flinch once...not when Derrick cooed at him (which usually gets him cooing and talking back)- not when Derrick stuck his finger near Jude's mouth (which usually makes him attack the finger like a piranha)- not even the flash of my camera phased him! Un- Be- Lievable! It was the sweetest, cutest thing ever! Even the people in our row and the row in front of us were mesmerized by Jude's fascination w/ the fireworks! :) So...yeah- not sure if a 3 month old should be looking at/listening to fireworks- but...he loved it!

Here are some pictures of our night:



Dear Jude-

You're already 3 months old! You're getting to be such a big boy- literally! Mommy cannot even stand how cute you are! I just want to hug you and squeeze you and bite you ALL the time! We love you so much, your dad and I. I never want to forget your cute bubbles...your drool...your big blue eyes (will they change?!)...the way you kick your legs when I change your "shiners"...the way you talk to your daddy...the smell of your hair after a bath...when you act "crazy" during a feeding...your loud burps...when you attack your hand...the way you stare down Mr. Zebra... It's only been a short time, but you've captured my heart! You make mom and dad want to be better people.

Remember that Jesus loves you. And I pray that you will use Him to guide you to be a great man.

Love,
Mommy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO BRAVES!