Am I a freak?! (Wait- don't answer that...) I have this thing w/ proximity. I've always sorta known it, but I fully realized it after having Jude. So...get ready to learn something new about me! I do NOT like to be touched by people I do not know- or do not know well. As a matter of fact- I remember the first time Derrick put his hand on my back (we were 18...and had only been dating for less than a month)- I flinched! When I visit Korea, my mom and I travel from place to place by taxi or bus...and the buses are jam PACKED....people are ALL UP in my business....and I literally internally hyperventilate! And when I was younger, and would visit "huggy" churches- I thought I would just DIE! (wee bit dramatic?!) I'm alot better now about it...but I still have a cringe factor!
That all being said- When it comes to Derrick and Jude- I have this strange thing where I have to be near them. For example- I can't sleep if Derrick is not in bed too. So, we ALWAYS go to bed at the same time. If he wakes up to go to the restroom or get a drink- I will usually wake up. If it's morning and Derrick is up before me (which rarely happens!!!) I am typically up within that 1/2 hour. And I always just feel...I don't know...better- when we're near each other- even if we're not actually interacting with one another.
Well...I'm kinda like that w/ the Judester too.... Jude has been sleeping in our room in his Co-Sleeper since we brought him home from the hospital. When he was about 5 weeks old, I reeeeaaaally wanted to move him into his crib at night, and started trying to get him to nap in his crib to get used to it....yeah- he didn't like napping there- so I resolved to wait. He is now 3 months old- and sleeping 7-8 hours a night...and I just can't do it! Knowing that he's not near me- it's killing me!!! It's even hard for me to imagine taking him to the nursery at church (which I'm hooooooping to do today!)!!!!
So- Derrick has told me that I have until next Saturday...and then Jude is going into the crib...
...yeah...we'll see about that!!! :)
8.09.2008
Proximity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
hey kim!I love your blog by the way! I was cracking up because i got to thinking i probably freak you out everytime i hug you! HA! ;) but i sat in mason's room and cried and cried the first night he was in his big boy crib hahah! brent was adament about that when he turned 2 months and i was so sad!! if it was up to just me, he'd prob. still be in his pack in play in our room haha, well that might be a bit extreme but it's so hard! i know little jude did so great in the nursery sat. night...i was so proud of you! :) heheh....okay, i'm ending the longest comment ever sorry! night!
ohhh Elijah in our room would not be a good (or decent) thing for that matter! The night of the big earthquake he fell back asleep in our bed, when Eddie and I returned from cleaning up we looked at each other..Eddie picked his tail up and laid him down in his bed.....'nuff said!
Post a Comment