8.05.2008

SAHM

So...I'm officially an at home mom. Yesterday was the first day of school for all my teacher peeps. And I wasn't there. It's honestly very bittersweet- as I have made lifelong friends in my profession...and I really do like being a teacher- if teaching was all that I had to do. I do NOT miss the non-teaching aspects. I can't help but think of what I'd be doing at such and such time. Who would be coming into the library for specials? Who would be whining that they cannot login to their computer b/c they don't remember their password (hem hem- LORNA?!) And then...I blink- look at my son, and those questions dissolve. I am so blessed to be staying at home w/ him (although the lack of a paycheck is killing me softly...). I know in the end- God is in control and will provide (anyone need pictures taken?!) I AM meeting w/ a lady from the DO this week, to put my name on the sub list for this year- just in case! I think it will be nice to sub here and there!

Anywho- so...in the 2 days that I have been a SAHM...we have- Gone shopping on Monday...and had breakfast w/ a friend this morning! Fun Fun Fun times. Tomorrow's plan? Nada as of yet...but the night is young! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's amazing that you are able to/love to stay at home with lil Jude! He will be blessed by the time he spends with his mommy:) Now Elijah on the other hand doesn't want to be near me more than 15 minutes at a time....like right now..he is outside playing...I asked him if he wanted lunch...NOPE! He wanted to be with his friends!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Hey there...Amy Khan here (I guess I need to sign up for a blogger acct.) Just checking on your blog...you are too funny! :) I can't believe how big Jude is getting and I haven't even met the little dude yet. Being a SAHM is such a gift...enjoy it! I love being at home with Jadon, wouldn't trade it and the sacrifices for anything! But can't help but feel the need for sharp pencils and new crayons come August. Feel the need to make a bulletin board but the rest I can do with out that is for sure... Would love to get together with you guys someday, Jadon loves babies and I'm sure he would love Jude. Plus, I think I have a ton of future clothes for him since Jadon was an April baby. Do you have my email? Its amykhan@cox.net
Take care and hopefully we can talk soon! :) Amy

Amber Hann said...

oh you know that anytime you and derrick want a night out, we are SO watching Jude for free! (honestly, i used to be a nanny and worked at a preschool/daycare for 3 years and now I work at starbucks and don't see kids anymore.. I MISS IT) haha yah we are hoping to wait 5 years before kids but I panic every month that God decided to not let my birth control work and give us a baby (i pray he doesnt, just yet haha)

thanks for the advice!!